• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. anyone no the problem with this switch?

User Info: mcmo21

mcmo21
3 months ago#1
i want to buy a switch off this kid but ....

seems to be a problem with it?? this is his message...

when used with the controllers detached a fault occurs / controllers dissconnect and console needs turning back off and on again- almost certain it's a connection via Bluetooth issue as it can be played for hours on end in handheld mode no problem -I also found if I leave Bluetooth off in the settings I never had any problems so did t get round to looking into it more. May even be fixed by a future update.

Basically it works fine if kept in handheld mode with Bluetooth in settings turned off. When you dock it it automatically turns Bluetooth on so the joycons can connect. Sometimes it asks you to press the power button to restart the console when trying to wake it using a disconnected joycon then it works fine on tv. However I've always used it for travel so never been an issue for me just trying to be honest.

is this a simple fix?

User Info: Trumpanzee

Trumpanzee
3 months ago#2
mcmo21 posted...
is this a simple fix?

No. Save up and buy a new Switch.
I'm watching all the time
http://imgur.com/yhwKmWf http://imgur.com/thN3GU8

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 months ago#3
My personal opinion is to never buy a used system. I always go brand new with 3 year warranty. So I can have peace lol
[RSG] Red Screen Gaming
GT - YELARAKA / Switch FC: 1432-0183-6634

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 months ago#4
I wonder if the kid has ever updated those joycons?

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
3 months ago#5
that seems...real bad

just buy a new one, its not worth the hassle of...whatever that is...

$300 isn't that bad, even if you are dirt poor like me, $50 out of each paycheck for a few months.
This is your miracle? A TREE? OOooh! look at me I turn sunlight into complex sugars. Big whoop!

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
3 months ago#6
singhellotaku posted...
$300 isn't that bad, even if you are dirt poor like me, $50 out of each paycheck for a few months.

if you've got $50 to save each paycheck you def aren't dirt poor.

User Info: Griff

Griff
3 months ago#7
If he wants to sell it, I'd suggest having him do a factory reset to see if that clears the issue,
otherwise it's a shot in the dark as to what you're getting and I'd not chance it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. anyone no the problem with this switch?
  • Topic Archived