• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. does it annoy when a pro uses your main and doesn't know a thing about them?

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
1 month ago#1
only asking because I'd imagine quite a few people would hate seeing some of their favorite characters seen only as tools for victory and no different from any other character
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#2
No, because watching pro players use my favorites is a good way for me to learn new tech.
Steam: Tye Niweiner | XBL / PSN / EU NNID: Nifterific
US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t | EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t

NightMareBunny
1 month ago#3
n00bsaib0t posted...
No, because watching pro players use my favorites is a good way for me to learn new tech.

true but at the same time pro's can be so hasty to think certain things about a character

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#4
NightMareBunny posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

true but at the same time pro's can be so hasty to think certain things about a character

So? If they know how to win I want to know it. When I was learning MKX I didn't give a damn if Alucard read the MKX comics to know about Kotal's back story, I just wanted to know how to win with the Sun God.

NightMareBunny
1 month ago#5
when you pick a character simply because you think they are the best and nothing more

you just come off as someone who only cares about jumping on the bandwagon that's my problem with these pro's who just have to find the most god tier broken character and then latch onto them for those tournament wins

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
1 month ago#6
NightMareBunny posted...
when you pick a character simply because you think they are the best and nothing more

you just come off as someone who only cares about jumping on the bandwagon that's my problem with these pro's who just have to find the most god tier broken character and then latch onto them for those tournament wins

Welcome to the FGC.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.

NightMareBunny
1 month ago#7
Andros-2k10 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

Welcome to the FGC.

i mean if it wins i guess you can't deny it but if you hate a character and only use them because you think they are better than everyone else that's gonna kill enjoyment for the game in the long run

people should find what works for them instead of hoping there's a Cheat code character that'll let them easily glide to victory due to having such superior moves over everyone else

User Info: doki-doki-panic

doki-doki-panic
1 month ago#8
Pro or not, if you are letting someone beat you with a character that you know the back story on and they don't you are a bum. Either git gud or take the s*** back to GameStop. These types are a dime a dozen. Constantly losing and then calling others try hards. They fail at the game and they most likely fail at life if they are failing at something so simple in life as a video game of all things.

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#9
NightMareBunny posted...

Again, who cares?

BTW, that doesn't happen. Yes, plenty of people latch on to the god tier broken characters, but they don't get tournament wins out of it. The year Daigo decided to rock Yun at Evo in SFIV he got taken out with a perfect by a Seth player. Its the players who stick with their characters that fit their play style that see tournament success.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. does it annoy when a pro uses your main and doesn't know a thing about them?
  • Topic Archived