• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. WishNintendo would remake Super Mario 64. Loathed Odyssey.

User Info: KittyBillionair

KittyBillionair
3 months ago#1
Bought Odyssey hoping for a similar experience to Super Mario 64. Did not enjoy Odyssey and thought it was trash. Sold it after beating it.

Super Mario 64 is one of the most influential games ever and don’t understand why a modern HD one hasn’t been made.

User Info: tr1bes

tr1bes
3 months ago#2
Poor baby, do you need milk and cookie. Perhaps you should Express your inner most feeling. We gamefaquers love to remedy your hurt feelings.
Good to be a gamer.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
3 months ago#3
Albert Odyssey was fine, not sure what your problem with it was.

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
3 months ago#4
64 is dated, though. I'd rather they make a new Mario Maker with elements from the 3D games.
Hi

User Info: KingFireCloud

KingFireCloud
3 months ago#5
Time to remove them nostalgia glasses.

User Info: Galbias

Galbias
3 months ago#6
If they remake it, how can they sell it on virtual console?

but yeah, Odyssey was weak, especially after the last "big" Mario game was the halfassed 3D World

User Info: Starks

Starks
3 months ago#7
DS was the remake.

If you want one that matches the old engine in feel and quirks, it's never going to happen.
This space for rent

User Info: Absolutely_Incr

Absolutely_Incr
3 months ago#8
ROB45 posted...
Albert Odyssey was fine, not sure what your problem with it was.

It’s KittyBillionair.

I didn’t feel that Odyssey lived up to the SM64 experience either. Huge level design and open world freedom is a double edged sword. While SMO offered player freedom and creativity it paid for it with a loss of focus. It’s that same “Well, I’m bored. Guess I’ll beat the game now” feeling that you get from every open world game as far back as (for me) GTA3.

I prefer SM64 limited mission based objectives that make you focus on a specific sections of the map individually.

That being said SMO is still a great game and worth holding onto for a replay down the road.
Absolutely Incredible!

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
3 months ago#9
64 already a remake. It's Sunshine's turn.
Official Jack Atlas of the Nintendo Switch Board. Watch Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Bandana Dee is now Bandana Dead. Type f in the chat to pay respects.

User Info: KittyBillionair

KittyBillionair
3 months ago#10
Starks posted...
DS was the remake.

If you want one that matches the old engine in feel and quirks, it's never going to happen.

GrooseKirby posted...
64 already a remake. It's Sunshine's turn.

64 never had a modern HD remake. You two stop trolling.

WebsandWigs posted...
64 is dated, though. I'd rather they make a new Mario Maker with elements from the 3D games.

A remake wouldn’t be dated. Yes, 64 is dated since it’s an old game.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. WishNintendo would remake Super Mario 64. Loathed Odyssey.
  • Topic Archived