• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do PowerA controllers work as good as regular ones?

User Info: LexcorpIntern

LexcorpIntern
3 months ago#1
I'm gonna try and save up for a Switch next year. Apparently PowerA controllers are way cheaper than the regular ones. They're also more similar to console controllers, which I'm used to. Are there any drawbacks to them? I don't care that they're wired. Can you do everything with them that you can with the JoyCon controllers?

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
3 months ago#2
I have the PowerA wired pro controller, it's not bad, but the D-pad feels a little more stiff compared to the regular pro controller, and the analog sticks are noticeably larger, which may be either a good or bad thing depending on your preference. I should also mention that i'm mainly using this controller for my PC, since the main drawback is that these controllers do NOT support motion/gyro controls. I believe they also do not support Amiibos, but one positive is that the wire is much longer than the normal pro controller.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: afr1234

afr1234
3 months ago#3
Wired controllers for switch have higher latency.

PowerA & hori make up for decent secondary controllers for switch, they are just not vey good for anything serious

User Info: LexcorpIntern

LexcorpIntern
3 months ago#4
Thanks for the responses.

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
3 months ago#5
It's ok. No gyro or rumble means that it'll be lacking in some games, but perfectly acceptable in others

I wouldn't use it as a primary controller
"Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do PowerA controllers work as good as regular ones?
  • Topic Archived