• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I didn't buy a switch just to play ports

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
1 month ago#1
What are more games coming out like octopath traveler?

User Info: Swickman81

Swickman81
1 month ago#2
I did not buy one for ports either. That is why I have purchased games such Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, The Messenger, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and its DLC Torna ~ The Golden Country), Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, Dead Cells, Mega Man 11, etc.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer. - Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 month ago#3
So... dont buy the ports
List of words considered flaming when used against Sony fans: Drone,Pony,Troll,Fanboy,Toxic.
List of words considered flaming when used against Nintendo fans:

User Info: Funcoland

Funcoland
1 month ago#4
I didn't buy the Switch to play port, either. I bought it for Breath of the Wild (technically a port, I suppose), Super Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, and Shin Megami Tensei V.
NNID: MisterNoOne | PSN: The_Mistled

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
1 month ago#5
I buy it for both the ports and the exclusives... portability being a big thing.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: xxdark91xx

xxdark91xx
1 month ago#6
Breath of the wild is a port
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?-Jaden Smith,Master Philosopher

User Info: link2metroid

link2metroid
1 month ago#7
Swickman81 posted...
I did not buy one for ports either. That is why I have purchased games such Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, The Messenger, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and its DLC Torna ~ The Golden Country), Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, Dead Cells, Mega Man 11, etc.

Breath of the Wild is a Wii U port. People can deny all they like, but they know it's a fact. You could also say Ultra Smash was a beta version of Mario Tennis Aces.

It's very annoying to spend another $300 on a revamped Wii U, made portable, that's only ever so slightly more powerful. It's riddled with ports, you could somewhat forgive it or turn a blind eye if they weren't so greedy charging $60 for old games.

Going back to the Wii U, the Switch is worse in many ways. Worse voice chat, no Virtual Console, no internet browser, we had Miiverse for a long while, we've to pay for online now, cartridges are limited in capacity and way more expensive, the Joy-Cons are awful, so that's another $80 for a Pro Controller, very few apps, micro SD cards are very expensive for a decent size, HDD's for Wii U were dirt cheap, can't back up save files other than pay Nintendo for Cloud storage, the list is endless.

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
1 month ago#8
xxdark91xx posted...

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a PS4 port.

User Info: Shassam

Shassam
1 month ago#9
xxdark91xx posted...

Why would it be a port instead of a multiplatform? It came out the same day. And the content/gameplay is exactly the same.

I would like to understand the difference because its not like mario kart 8 (a port in my opinion) where they add content and was released later than the original.

Is mega man 11 a port too or a multiplatform released? Or is port and multiplaform a synonym?
Pokemon snap 2 for president

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
1 month ago#10
link2metroid posted...
Breath of the Wild is a Wii U port. People can deny all they like, but they know it's a fact. You could also say Ultra Smash was a beta version of Mario Tennis Aces.

Actually, the fact is, Breath of the Wild was released on both the Wii U and the Switch at the same time, so you're wrong. It can't be a port unless it was on one console first before the other.

Shassam posted...
Is mega man 11 a port too or a multiplatform released? Or is port and multiplaform a synonym?

No it isn't, he's just being bitter and wants to take some kind of moral high ground on isn't good about the Switch. There are reasons why the Switch is a much greater success than the Wii U, and it takes more than being "revamped" to do it.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I didn't buy a switch just to play ports
  • Topic Archived