You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Explain to me the appeal of Yoshi & Kirby games?
Yoshi & Kirby games look boring and easy for me. Why do you guys love those games? Is it because the main characters are adorable?

User Info: SquareJRPGKing

SquareJRPGKing
6 days ago#2
They are colorfull and cute, kids love these stuff

they are easy so the kids can play it
All Hail the king!

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
6 days ago#3
SquareJRPGKing posted...
They are colorfull and cute, kids love these stuff

they are easy so the kids can play it

What about grown ups? So basically this is baby's first video game?

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
6 days ago#4
I don't really like them much (well, never played a Yoshi game), but I can see that they'd be just a pleasant time.

A lot of the appeal of Kirby has to do with the copy abilities I think. Some of the different game modes are pretty cool. Personally I don't find the gameplay compelling and what I like about the series has mostly to do with the character and the music.

User Info: Ghost135

Ghost135
6 days ago#5
Because they bring back fond memories, and if you can tolerate what some call kiddie graphics, they are fun. They may not look like much, but I have enjoyed(Mainly Yoshi games) a lot of them. Yoshi's Woolly World was a fantastic game for Wii U.
No Shaming
Only Gaming

User Info: Guitarman15

Guitarman15
6 days ago#6
I'm a big Kirby fan, the appeal of those games for me is all the abilities and co-op. Being able to have different movesets to complete puzzles and changing on the fly is the main appeal for me, and being able to play with friends. Kirby games being easy is a modern thing, since they made the switch to 3D models, and it's definitely not as fun as the older games. I mean they were never hard, but if you were trying to 100% them, which I always do, they do provide a good challenge. Kirby SuperStar, Dreamland 3, Amazing Mirror, Nightmare in Dreamland, and Planet Robobot are the best in my opinion
Rules are made to be broken, that is how Creativity is born.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: shadowbug

shadowbug
6 days ago#7
Nostalgia.

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
6 days ago#8
Drones just need something, anything to play in these dark Mobiletendo times
Pizza Cate, Pizza Cate, does whatever a Pizza Cate does.
Posting epically, destroying peasants, munching pizza, taking a nap!

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
6 days ago#9
They’re fun.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
6 days ago#10
Catmeister posted...
Drones just need something, anything to play in these dark Mobiletendo times

That troll post.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Explain to me the appeal of Yoshi & Kirby games?