• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is it going to be hard for me to play othet Zelda games?

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
4 weeks ago#1
I've only played BOTW and it got me out of a mini depression I was having last summer. The game was aw immersive as reading a good book for me. So I'm wondering, is it going to be hard for me to play the other Zelda games?

*Other Zelda games
A bit of a pessimist...but I can be reasonable at times.

User Info: ProfessorKukui

ProfessorKukui
4 weeks ago#2
The better ones? No, not at all.

User Info: _Spectral_

_Spectral_
4 weeks ago#3
ProfessorKukui posted...
Enjoy Life :]

User Info: nibernator

nibernator
4 weeks ago#4
ProfessorKukui posted...

hahaha

BOTW is a "different" kind of Zelda. Why should it be hard though? Why can't different games be just as much fun???

User Info: _Spectral_

_Spectral_
4 weeks ago#5
nibernator posted...
ProfessorKukui posted...

hahaha

BOTW is a "different" kind of Zelda. Why should it be hard though? Why can't different games be just as much fun???

Zelda is a high quality series, maybe my favorite ever. Most of them are on the better side of things. To clarify, it might be tough to go from BotW to Zelda or Zelda 2, if you will. Skyward Sword is a bit handholdy. He’d probably love the rest of them.
Enjoy Life :]

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
4 weeks ago#6
The gameplay and progression is very different in BotW compared to the earlier Zelda games, I can definitely understand liking one style but not liking the other.

Honestly I feel a little bad for the Zelda fans who didn't like BotW considering the future games are very likely going to be in that style too.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: Braev

Braev
4 weeks ago#7
Depends, if you want more involved dungeons there's probably still something to like. But they also feel a lot more limited as far as movement goes which to me is a drawback.

I know I got a bit fed up with how much of a slog some of the other games are especially at the beginning. Notably Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.

But anyway I rarely feel like playing other Zelda games again. Majora's Mask is an exception as it has strengths that none of the others have, it's kind of its own thing despite following the same general structure for the main quest as most of the series.

User Info: juzzieb

juzzieb
4 weeks ago#8
I didn't really like Wind Waker/TP/SS.

I like that BOTW feels like a less boring Skyrim. Whereas the older Zelda games are mostly just puzzle games and the newer ones feel like they are just for kids.

LTTP is a different experience to the 3D zelda games imo and is still really fun... in general I prefer the 2d ones really...the tradeoff is weaker puzzles for better combat and bosses. OoT is still a gem though for it's atmosphere and towns and exploration and MM is unique and fun for its sidequests and such but Wind Waker and on bore me quite a lot....TP is especially boring despite having really good dungeons.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
4 weeks ago#9
This Zelda is the opposite of past Zelda games. It's an non linear open world adventure game vs previous Zelda games that are very linear but they have an actual decent story and better dungeons and boss fights.

Honestly, xc2 was refreshing to play after botw, because those are the things I was longing for after beating botw. They compliment each other well.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 weeks ago#10
Hard to say. The rest of the Zelda games are vastly different.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is it going to be hard for me to play othet Zelda games?
  • Topic Archived