• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What are the chances of Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to the Switch?

User Info: Chocoburger

Chocoburger
1 month ago#61
Impossible due to storage capacity, the game will continue to increase in file size as they add 50+ GBs to the online features over the course of 10 years of patching. The game will likely end up at 150+ GBs total eventually.

At best, you'll get a mobile app that can play mini-games and earn items for the main game. Similar to how GTA V had a mobile app.

User Info: Smiffwilm

Smiffwilm
1 month ago#62
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ5oARNxLU

User Info: GorillaGD

GorillaGD
1 month ago#63
Chances of it coming as is? 0%
Chances of it being butchered to work on the Switch? 60%
Chances of it being streamed via a Cloud to the Switch? 30%
Overall chances of it coming to the Switch at all? 10% but don't get your hopes up

User Info: elephvant

elephvant
1 month ago#64
GorillaGD posted...
Overall chances of it coming to the Switch at all? 10% but don't get your hopes up

Your own post says the overall chances of it coming to the Switch are 90%.

Weird post.
Currently Playing: Okami, Psyvariar Delta

User Info: RussiaOne

RussiaOne
1 month ago#65
Less than zero.
Yes, I am

User Info: Smiffwilm

Smiffwilm
1 month ago#66
elephvant posted...
GorillaGD posted...

Weird post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFG1NqKzCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ5oARNxLU

GorillaGD
1 month ago#67
elephvant posted...
GorillaGD posted...

Weird post.

Okay, let me rephrase that post. The odds of it coming to the Switch are very, very low. And even if it does, it's very likely it won't be the same as the Xbox and PS4 versions, it will probably either have it's graphics and foliage toned down to enable it to run on Switch hardware as well as have it's audio compressed to fit on the system's already paltry storage space or they will try to go the Assassins Creed Odyssey route and have the game streamed to the Switch via a cloud service, although the latter is unlikely due issues like high bandwidth usage (you'd be in pretty bad shape if you have internet with data caps) and input lag.

elephvant
1 month ago#68
GorillaGD posted...
elephvant posted...
GorillaGD posted...

Weird post.

Okay, let me rephrase that post. The odds of it coming to the Switch are very, very low. And even if it does, it's very likely it won't be the same as the Xbox and PS4 versions, it will probably either have it's graphics and foliage toned down to enable it to run on Switch hardware as well as have it's audio compressed to fit on the system's already paltry storage space or they will try to go the Assassins Creed Odyssey route and have the game streamed to the Switch via a cloud service, although the latter is unlikely due issues like high bandwidth and input lag.

That's not really rephrasing, is it? It's altering the content completely. I don't think there's any real chance the game will come at all. It's just weird that - even though you seem to think the same - you chose 60% as the likelihood of a port.

GorillaGD
1 month ago#69
elephvant posted...
GorillaGD posted...
elephvant posted...
GorillaGD posted...

Weird post.

Okay, let me rephrase that post. The odds of it coming to the Switch are very, very low. And even if it does, it's very likely it won't be the same as the Xbox and PS4 versions, it will probably either have it's graphics and foliage toned down to enable it to run on Switch hardware as well as have it's audio compressed to fit on the system's already paltry storage space or they will try to go the Assassins Creed Odyssey route and have the game streamed to the Switch via a cloud service, although the latter is unlikely due issues like high bandwidth and input lag.

That's not really rephrasing, is it? It's altering the content completely. I don't think there's any real chance the game will come at all. It's just weird that - even though you seem to think the same - you chose 60% as the likelihood of a port.

No, the percentages next to the middle two options represent the likelihood of what would happen with the port "if" it were to come to the Switch, I didn't mean for it all to be added up to the overall chances of it being on the Switch.

elephvant
1 month ago#70
GorillaGD posted...
elephvant posted...
GorillaGD posted...
elephvant posted...
GorillaGD posted...

Weird post.

No, the percentages next to the middle two options represent the likelihood of what would happen with the port "if" it were to come to the Switch, I didn't mean for it all to be added up to the overall chances of it being on the Switch.

So... what's the third option then?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What are the chances of Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to the Switch?
  • Topic Archived