• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Which dormant IP (Intellectual Property) do you want Nintendo to revive in 2019?

User Info: Swickman81

Swickman81
2 months ago#1
Which dormant IP do you want Nintendo to revive in 2019? - Results (347 votes)
F-Zero
22.77% (79 votes)
Wave Race
4.61% (16 votes)
1080° Snowboarding
2.88% (10 votes)
Brain Age
0.58% (2 votes)
Wars (Advance or Battalion)
13.54% (47 votes)
StarTropics
7.2% (25 votes)
Golden Sun
27.38% (95 votes)
Sin & Punishment
3.75% (13 votes)
Mother
8.07% (28 votes)
Other (specify in comments)
9.22% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
80/80

First and foremost, for an IP to be considered dormant, it cannot have been released on the current or previous console or the current portable. That means no Switch, Wii U or 3DS games. Also the last game in the series had to have a major release for over 10 years ago (not including Virtual Console offerings). This will explain why you don't see Chibi Robo, Star Fox, or Pilotwings on the list.

As for IPs, the games need to have at least two games in the series. So if Nintendo Land was not a Wii U title then it would not have made the list because it is a "one-off" series. Electroplankton also does not make the list for this reason.

Feel free to add any IP you would like to see in 2019 that is dormant by selecting other and posting comments. With only 10 poll options there is no way would I be able to list all dormant franchises. And please do not pick on other people's choices just because you may not like the series. Lets show others that we can be a good Nintendo fanbase for a change.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer. - Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: Atarigamer

Atarigamer
2 months ago#2
Pikmin
Currently playing:-
PS4 - F1 2018 | Switch - Mame! | ZX Spectrum - Cyclone/Jetpac/Penetrator/Minder

User Info: claude26

claude26
2 months ago#3
1080 or Wave Race. The original 1080 is my favorite character select screen of all time. Little details like that that made that game so good.

User Info: EgoMouse32

EgoMouse32
2 months ago#4
Brain Age isn't dormant, it has a 3DS game, Devilish training or Concentration Training. (But I will accept a Switch version)
We have Wargroove, which doesn't have the same appeal as Advance Wars, but I think I'll go with F-Zero more. I just really love the N64 game. There was nothing quite like it.
Mother is a finished series that I also love, but I don't really want the series to continue if Itoi doesn't want to.
~~( 8 :> Splatoon server: https://discord.gg/VHbBrqa SW-1058-0470-2243. ~~( 8 :>
< 83 == Super Mario Maker: http://tinyurl.com/smmegomouse < 83 ==

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
2 months ago#5
Custom Robo, Golem Sun, or Starfy
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
2 months ago#6
Nintendogs
Switch: 4741-1296-0325 | NP: Mega Man 11, DB FighterZ, MHGU, Fortnite
"Boy, and I thought the characters in ARMS were reaching." - SaviorGabriel

User Info: Katon

Katon
2 months ago#7
Golden Sun
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
2 months ago#8
Zelda
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile

User Info: Goomba_Owns_All

Goomba_Owns_All
2 months ago#9
I legit didn't realize that 1080° Snowboarding was nintendo
Goomba for SSB5

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
2 months ago#10
Starfy.
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Which dormant IP (Intellectual Property) do you want Nintendo to revive in 2019?
  • Topic Archived