• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. sl and sr don't work

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 weeks ago#21
Vidgmchtr posted...
I love how no one suggested he call Nintendo and have them sent in for repair.

Why would he do that?

User Info: stop3

stop3
4 weeks ago#22
Vidgmchtr posted...
I love how no one suggested he call Nintendo and have them sent in for repair.

Um... I did, in the first post after TC. Not in those exact words, but here it is:

Failing that, you could either try to repair the buttons yourself, pay to have it repaired, or buy a new joycon.

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
4 weeks ago#23
n00bsaib0t posted...
Hell_Thrasher posted...
What the hell are SL and SR?

Have you ever seen a joycon before? They’re on top of it when you hold it sideways, the two buttons on the rail.

There is buttons on the...
*looks at Joycons*
Who in their right mind would play like that?!

What is this; a controller for Hobbits?
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#24
Hell_Thrasher posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Hell_Thrasher posted...

Have you ever seen a joycon before? They’re on top of it when you hold it sideways, the two buttons on the rail.

*looks at Joycons*

The wrist strap slides over that and the buttons on it hit those buttons. I doubt many people use the small ones, they’re just there so the strap works.
Steam: Tye Niweiner | XBL / PSN / EU NNID: Nifterific
US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t | EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
4 weeks ago#25
stop3 posted...
pay to have it repaired

If his Switch is still under warranty, he shouldn't have to pay. Of course, we don't know if it's under warranty or not, but it's still very possible, considering how difficult they were to find even less than a year ago.

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
4 weeks ago#26
n00bsaib0t posted...
Hell_Thrasher posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Hell_Thrasher posted...

*looks at Joycons*

The wrist strap slides over that and the buttons on it hit those buttons. I doubt many people use the small ones, they’re just there so the strap works.

It's been about three months since I've even touched by Joycons. I really only ever use my pro controller or fight stick.

Heck, I forgot they even came with straps.
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: joserics

joserics
4 weeks ago#27
Hi guys, I tried everything but the service repair, I also tried testing the buttons in the input test on the switch but everyone respond except the sl and sr, I think it really is a hardware fault, I got my switch since launch tho so I have no guarantee right? I do not know how much would cost to repair or if the only solution is just go and buy a new one later :/

P. S. It sucks because I'm not even near USA to the repairs now (I'm in Korea) and I probably will want to play 2 player smash (I don't have a dock at the moment)
Switch FC: 5693-5098-1311
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. sl and sr don't work
  • Topic Archived