DQ Creator: 'Best market in NA for releasing our games is PS4/PC'

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. DQ Creator: 'Best market in NA for releasing our games is PS4/PC'

User Info: stupidquestions

stupidquestions
3 weeks ago#11
I'm interested in seeing the numbers for the US. I bet they're still low even with a bigger market.

The US just doesn't care about DQ.
I like kittens and pizzas.

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
3 weeks ago#12
I wonder what SquareEnix hates so much about Nintendo systems. Like we just had Octopath, another big hit on Switch, and they're still saying their games only sell on PS4/PC.
https://i.imgtc.com/0GTMrrf.png
Playing: Dragon Quest XI (PC), Shining Song Starnova (PC)

User Info: FSABot

FSABot
3 weeks ago#13
stupidquestions posted...
I'm interested in seeing the numbers for the US. I bet they're still low even with a bigger market.

We know it sold 100k+ on Steam, which is similar to Tales games in a same amount of time. No idea about PS4 numbers.
https://i.imgtc.com/0GTMrrf.png
Playing: Dragon Quest XI (PC), Shining Song Starnova (PC)

User Info: DynoStretch

DynoStretch
3 weeks ago#14
Well of course Dragon Quest sells more on the PS4 then Switch when the Switch hasen't even gotten the game yet.

You sure showed us.

*sips coffee*
"Sony and MS both gave us good systems last generation so their greed is justified." ~ xF0x
Switch Friend Code - SW-7742-3950-7408

User Info: stupidquestions

stupidquestions
3 weeks ago#15
FSABot posted...
I wonder what SquareEnix hates so much about Nintendo systems. Like we just had Octopath, another big hit on Switch, and they're still saying their games only sell on PS4/PC.

Most likely, they just want Nintendo to foot the bill for DQ on their systems in NA. It's what they did for all the others on them here. Nintendo published them, did the marketing, etc. ….in fact, that's also the case for Octopath here, too.

Basically, SE are a******s.
I like kittens and pizzas.

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
3 weeks ago#16
FSABot posted...

Buddy, they’re in the middle of optimizing DQ11 for switch. If they didn’t like Nintendo, they wouldn’t even bother. Not to mention, they made an entirely different version of the game exclusively for 3ds...

User Info: Shamino

Shamino
3 weeks ago#17
FSABot posted...
https://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-quests-creator-hopes-to-bring-more-of-the-series-to-pc/

For years that was the Famicom and Super Famicom; then it was the PlayStation, the PlayStation 2, and the Nintendo DS. But times have changed, and Horii said that "in this day and age… when you think of where the biggest market is, at least for North America, we can say it's for PS4 and PC, which is why we're bringing the game to those platforms."

Even better then the Switch, huh? I guess thats why they prioritized those versions and didn't even consider releasing the 3DS version.

Considering both pc and Ps4!run on x86 architecture so releasing on both systems is easy, yes, pc and ps4 are the best markets.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. DQ Creator: 'Best market in NA for releasing our games is PS4/PC'

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived