• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Eshop won't accept my credit cards
Twintellyamama 3 years ago#1
I don't know if anyone has encountered this maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to sign up for the family plan and everytime I get to the add funds and purchase it tells me my credit card isn't valid ... I have two one I have used for all my switch online purchases and the second I used fifteen minutes ago at the store. I don't understand what's going on. I would gladly (in fact prefer) to use an eshop card but that doesn't seem to be usable. Can I use one after the credit card part? I'm in Canada and the error code is 2813-1470 any help would be appreciated.
Oof my legs
zman19 3 years ago#2
enter your card number, ill give it a shot for you ;)

in all reality though, imma google that error code (as anyone should when given one) so i can see what i find
Hard work never hurt anyone, but i'm still not going to risk it.
zman19 3 years ago#3
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/68648/~/error-2813-1470

call nintendo, follow this path
Hard work never hurt anyone, but i'm still not going to risk it.
Heisenberg312 3 years ago#4
Could you get around that by buying digital cards from Amazon and adding funds that way?
Sorry, I never had that problem, so I don't know if that will work.
Best of luck!
Now, say my name.
Panner 3 years ago#5
Can you try and PayPal if you have the card registered with PayPal?
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
Twintellyamama 3 years ago#6
zman19 posted...
enter your card number, ill give it a shot for you ;)

in all reality though, imma google that error code (as anyone should when given one) so i can see what i find

Haha okay buddy :p

I did Google it nintendo basically says try try again. I have no idea what's going on and I have tried finding the digital cards that pay for online directly (not the classic eshop cards) and I can't find a place in Canada that sells them even Nintendo site says "available at select retailers" but no actual retailers are listed so... thanks for that nintendo...
Oof my legs
Twintellyamama 3 years ago#7
Panner posted...
Can you try and PayPal if you have the card registered with PayPal?

Never had PayPal never saw the point of it. Can you register and use it right away? I remember a friend from a while back said you have to wait like a week before PayPal becomes active.
Oof my legs
Twintellyamama 3 years ago#8
Tried to borrow a friends credit card. Same issue happened. This has become frustrating. And Amazon Canada doesn't have those cards either. Why is this so bloody buggery difficult? I can go down the street right now and buy an eshop card that works for everything else but not this. I don't even want to try buying a prepaid.

Is there a place to change the name of the owner of the card? It only has number, expiration and cvv and postal code but the error report wants you to ensure the name was put in correctly. Help?
Oof my legs
Megatonez 3 years ago#9
Call Nintendo, I don't think there is much any of us can do for you. Sounds like an error you need to contact support for.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
SW-1828-6863-8775 IGN: Varis
Twintellyamama 3 years ago#10
Megatonez posted...
Call Nintendo, I don't think there is much any of us can do for you. Sounds like an error you need to contact support for.

Eh I figured. Thanks all anyways.
Oof my legs
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Eshop won't accept my credit cards
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A