What's the big deal about cloud saves?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What's the big deal about cloud saves?

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
4 weeks ago#21
supermichael11 posted...
Narukami12 posted...
Everyone is freaking out about it. I don't get it. Are people breaking/losing their games/consoles this much? What did they do before cloud saving was even possible?

I've never used cloud saves. No need to. I don't use my nintendo switch as a god damned baseball bat.

Cloud save is the only way to backup game data, there is no other way for the Nintendo Switch.

Pretty much

Back up saves is vitally important in this day and age.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: DoMyEyesLie

DoMyEyesLie
4 weeks ago#22
On pretty much every other device from the past 2 generations from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo you could back up your saves locally. For Microsoft and Sony you could back up your saves locally but also have that insurance of saving to the cloud. On Switch you can't back up your saves locally, so having cloud saves is extra important. This helps if your device breaks, gets stolen, or something completely out of your control happens (fires, natural disaster, luggage being lost while traveling, etc.).
Yay gaming

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
4 weeks ago#23
Atarigamer posted...
I lost over 400hrs of gaming

If you had fun for those 400 hours, then you really didn't lose anything. I've played games where i put thousands of hours into it, then i delete my save file and start over. If it's a good game, then starting over is always really exciting.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: RennanNT

RennanNT
4 weeks ago#24
hamstergeval posted...
At one point you will have to start unistalling games and when you do you will lose the save with it.

No, you don't. Press + in the game and check Manage Software, it says saves are not deleted (and I've tested it once).

User Info: Narukami12

Narukami12
4 weeks ago#25
metroidman18 posted...
Imagine a lightning surge getting TCs Switch and destroying it while hes over here talking about how hes not using it as a baseball bat.

Youre not very bright TC

My home is built with surge protection and my console dock is connected to a powerful surge protector. This technology has been around for decades. You're not very bright metroidman.

User Info: metroidman18

metroidman18
4 weeks ago#26
Narukami12 posted...
metroidman18 posted...
Imagine a lightning surge getting TCs Switch and destroying it while hes over here talking about how hes not using it as a baseball bat.

Youre not very bright TC

My home is built with surge protection and my console dock is connected to a powerful surge protector. This technology has been around for decades. You're not very bright metroidman.

lmao yes because that totally makes you immune to all unpredictable lightning strikes. Please tell us the model of your 100% lightning proof superprotector.
"Imagine starting a Mario Kart time trial, using up all your mushroom boosts in the first lap, and bragging about your first lap time"-Nintendo Switch
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What's the big deal about cloud saves?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived