• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Does the battery die in sleep mode?

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
3 years ago#1
Pretty straightforward question. Obviously any device still powered on is losing a bit of battery but recently when I left the house on 100% with the Switch in sleep mode and came back at night having not used it at all it was dead. On a different day I played a bit, put it to sleep at 49%, maybe a half hour later I turned it on and it was at 30%. Should I be concerned?
https://www.twitch.tv/UptownLobo
SW-4741-1296-0325 || NP: Monster Hunter: Rise, Marvel's Avengers, Pokemon Unite
Sleep mode is still "on" - just not very.
It's keeping the RAM alive, and charging any attached controllers, while occasionally pinging the servers for updates or newly-purchased software, and downloading anything it finds. Also it's listening for the "wakeup" signal from wireless controllers.

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
3 years ago#3
It'll take weeks for it to die in sleep mode
SC: 0538-3466-8693

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
3 years ago#4
Sleep mode doesn't use that much battery. I've left it in sleep mode about a week and it only lost about 10 percent. I should also mention, I suspend the software and leave it on the home screen.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
SW-1828-6863-8775 IGN: Varis

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 years ago#5
It depends on whether or not wireless is on, as downloading updates it’s still doing something even with the screen off. It also depends on if you go to the home screen so the game isn’t actively running or not. Because of the different factors you can get between 3 days and 2 weeks.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: wiseguy100

wiseguy100
3 years ago#6
TC, the percentages that yours is dropping by in standby, is definitely not normal.

I can leave mine off for days, with a game in suspend, wifi on - yet only lose 5% tops.

User Info: Coffee_Nurse

Coffee_Nurse
3 years ago#7
You might be downloading updates in the background. I know if my Switch has updated a couple games, it loses a good chunk of charge. Other than that, I can leave it in sleep mode with very little loss of charge.
Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
http://isdmxinjail.com/

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
3 years ago#8
Yes and quite fast. All because of wifi

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#9
El_Zaggy posted...
Yes and quite fast.

Misinformation
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Dean_O_Wincshtr

Dean_O_Wincshtr
3 years ago#10
ponyseizures posted...
It'll take weeks for it to die in sleep mode

no it wont, I have seen it completely drain in a day and a half while Zelda is playing on sleep.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Does the battery die in sleep mode?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A