• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. How common are broken/drifting joycons for you?

User Info: XenoLord

XenoLord
10 months ago#1
I've had my switch for about a year and the stick drift has become borderline unplayable at the moment. Ive tried everything from calibration, to brushing under the stick, to using practically a whole bottle of compressed air, but to no avail. I've been told that this is fairly common and happens to the joycon after you play with them enough. Is this true for you? Has anyone repeatedly had joycons break after buying replacements? I really enjoy using them despite their size, so I want to know if I should expect a second/replacement pair to last better or not.
"I hate memes, Dunban!"

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
10 months ago#2
Mine are still fine, though they're not the ones that originally came with the system. I gave the originals to my brother. Far as I know his are still fine as well.

User Info: aux

aux
10 months ago#3
Happened to my left joycon that came with the system. So I exchanged them for a second pair. Both left and right joycon have drift on the second pair.

Joycons are made very poorly.
Troll Slayer Extraordinaire!!!
Tis a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

User Info: Bob-omb-omb

Bob-omb-omb
10 months ago#4
I've only ever owned 4 joy-cons since launch. 3 out of 4 had their locks busted. Meaning they wouldn't lock onto the Switch itself anymore. 2 of them also had the drifting issue, both left joy-cons.
10th enemy has the bomb.

User Info: Wage

Wage
10 months ago#5
I have two Switches and both sets of Joy-Cons work without issue.

Also have 3x Pro Controllers (one of each version), all no issues.

Wish I could say the same for every f***ing DS4 I own (either buttons that stick or sticky d-pads, and no, I never spilled anything on them). Too many wired 360 controllers that had analog drift too, before dropping them entirely once Steam supported DS4 and Switch ProCon natively 👍
SW-5936-6602-7886 | PSN: SquarePenix | http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wage/ | Discord: Wage#2509 | Twitter @___________Wage

User Info: mysteriouslurke

mysteriouslurke
10 months ago#6
I habe drift rn too lazy to try and fix that.
For inquiries, summon to thread or more preferably, PM me. This account is retired and stuff so please summon me only if it's important.

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
10 months ago#7
I don't have drifting, but I only got mine in December.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan
FC: 3196-5520-3185, IGN: Kokichi TSV: 2259, 2704, 3761

User Info: MasterEdge1

MasterEdge1
10 months ago#8
My right joycon has the drift issue. It’s the joycon that came with the system. Has become unusable for any game. Have to try a few fixes, but don’t expect to solve it. Considering sending them in to get fixed.

User Info: Master Of Majora

Master Of Majora
10 months ago#9
My first Switch had a lot of problems with this (grey Joy-Cons, which I've heard are more problematic; don't know if true), and I also had a lot of problems with input lag, the console not reading my inputs at all, Joy-Cons spontaneously getting desynced, and so on.

On my current Switch, the (neon blue and red) Joy-Cons communicate well with the console, but I still have some drifting with the Control Sticks. Extremely annoying. Also, a Wii U I had access to for a few years had the same problem. I hate how bad modern controllers are made. Maybe I should look into what this "compressed air" thing is and try it.
Male and feminist. And Nintendo fanboy.
Also, The Last Jedi is an amazing Star Wars movie.

User Info: wordscansay

wordscansay
10 months ago#10
Non-existent.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. How common are broken/drifting joycons for you?
  • Topic Archived