• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A quick lesson on the difference between price and value

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
3 months ago#1
Price is how much something costs.
Value also takes into account its worth.

The goal as a consumer is to buy something at as low of cost as possible, but as at high value as possible.

How many of you could afford a $5 paperclip? Probably all of you. But how many of you would be willing to pay that much for a paperclip?

And so it is with the $20 a year plan. Some people feel it's worth it, some people think it's a terrible value. But it's not like these people can't afford to spend $20. It's just that they don't want to.

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#2
I appreciate what you're doing, but sadly, people here will continue to argue that those who don't agree with it "can't afford it", the general reaction for most that want to defend/attack Nintendo here is to ignore anything that hurts their argument so they can repeat it again when it comes up again.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
3 months ago#3
On the flip side, it’s not as if the people finding value at the asking price are ignorant, sheep or shills. Both sides have people that can’t understand their opinion is just their opinion and not universal fact.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: PaulFoster

PaulFoster
3 months ago#4
Gogo726 posted...
Price is how much something costs.
Value also takes into account its worth.

The goal as a consumer is to buy something at as low of cost as possible, but as at high value as possible.

How many of you could afford a $5 paperclip? Probably all of you. But how many of you would be willing to pay that much for a paperclip?

And so it is with the $20 a year plan. Some people feel it's worth it, some people think it's a terrible value. But it's not like these people can't afford to spend $20. It's just that they don't want to.

Well said, sadly your time and effort will be wasted as the muppets around here cannot comprehend things such as value for money.
As much as pooh missed piglet, he really enjoyed that bacon sandwich

User Info: something316

something316
3 months ago#5
i would like to know what @Beetleking22 thinks about this
no

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
3 months ago#6
something316 posted...
i would like to know what @Beetleking22 thinks about this

Probably something about not being able to afford it.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A quick lesson on the difference between price and value
  • Topic Archived