• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are the Switch's full specs available anywhere? What's its maximum network speed

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#11
HeartOfValor posted...
I don't know what adapter he has. Apparently the Switch only supports USB 2.0 anyway or that only one USB port supports 3.0. It's a bit of a mystery.

Yeah, the one in the back next to the HDMI port is 3.0, the others outside on the side of the dock are 2.0 and mostly intended to charge controllers. You can tell because the one inside the dock is blue. While IIRC it's not an official standard, just about everyone colors their USB 3.0 ports blue so you can tell which ones are 3.0 and 2.0.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: FoBiA

FoBiA
3 months ago#12
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
HeartOfValor posted...
I don't know what adapter he has. Apparently the Switch only supports USB 2.0 anyway or that only one USB port supports 3.0. It's a bit of a mystery.

Yeah, the one in the back next to the HDMI port is 3.0, the others outside on the side of the dock are 2.0 and mostly intended to charge controllers. You can tell because the one inside the dock is blue. While IIRC it's not an official standard, just about everyone colors their USB 3.0 ports blue so you can tell which ones are 3.0 and 2.0.

Regardless, the Switch itself doesn't support 3.0 so even if you plug a 3.0 device into the 3.0 port on the dock, it'll cap at 100.
"So who is FoBiA, really?" - CJayC

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#13
Wasn't 3.0 support supposed to have been added in a firmware update?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 months ago#14
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Wasn't 3.0 support supposed to have been added in a firmware update?

That may have been part of a rumor, but whatever. To be honest, there really isn't any current reason to have 3.0 support at this time.
I can imagine folks who complain about Nintendo all day would blame Nintendo when they play poorly on non-Nintendo platforms with how obsessed they are.

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#15
True
Gamertag in profile

User Info: MultiKoopa

MultiKoopa
3 months ago#16
FoBiA posted...
Regardless, the Switch itself doesn't support 3.0 so even if you plug a 3.0 device into the 3.0 port on the dock, it'll cap at 100.

Really? Well that would explain quite a lot.
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are the Switch's full specs available anywhere? What's its maximum network speed
  • Topic Archived