• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. When will Nintendo Selects come to the Switch?

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
3 months ago#31
pwwnd123 posted...
Even some of the Wii U's own games dropped in price around late 2015.

Because Wii U was a flop.

I wouldn’t expect em till 2021 at the earliest. Probably 2022 or later.
https://i.imgur.com/cfZmEFd.gif Even In sigs FOE!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
3 months ago#32
n00bsaib0t posted...
varcal posted...
pwwnd123 posted...
paipr posted...
Nintendo used to do this more back in the day. It seemed like alot of games made the list after the first year.

Now it takes till the end of the consoles life cycle before they start doing it.

Yeah, Nintendo needs to reduce the price for their best selling games after their first year. Games like BOTW, MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and even Super Mario Odyssey need a price drop too. That will help increase sales for those games because everyone is going to buy them at lower prices.

Why? Stop thinking about this as "I want these games for a lower price." Think about it from Nintendo's perspective, Their games are selling consistently great at their current prices, so why should they lower the price?

I'm all for a lower price on these games but, Nintendo has no need to do so.

No need to change what is working, but 1 million more buying at $60 is less money made than 2 million more buying at $40.

$2 billion?

Sony lost over $6 billion in 2011 alone
"Name calling is not allowed at all." - Mods that allow name calling...
Pony is classed as flaming. Drone isn't. Double standard confirmed.

User Info: 16bit

16bit
3 months ago#33
xF0x posted...
Hell_Thrasher posted...
xF0x posted...
Didn't the Player's Choice start on N64? I don't remember any SNES games that had a discount edition.

Started on the Gameboy, actually.

Googling this does say that SNES had some Player's Choice games. Back in the day selling one million copies would often warrant a discount reissue, not just with Nintendo but with Sony games too. I wonder what the requirements are now.

yea it started with SNES. I used to avoid buying those, as I preferred the original cartridge and box art without the player's choice seal. collectors also avoid them for that reason.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
3 months ago#34
pwwnd123 posted...

What kind of comparison is this? The Wii U was a dumpster fire, meanwhile the Switch is breaking sales records left and right and made Nintendo over a billion in profit last year. Of course the sales situation of the system and games is going to be different.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
3 months ago#35
16bit posted...
xF0x posted...
Hell_Thrasher posted...
xF0x posted...
Didn't the Player's Choice start on N64? I don't remember any SNES games that had a discount edition.

Googling this does say that SNES had some Player's Choice games. Back in the day selling one million copies would often warrant a discount reissue, not just with Nintendo but with Sony games too. I wonder what the requirements are now.

yea it started with SNES. I used to avoid buying those, as I preferred the original cartridge and box art without the player's choice seal. collectors also avoid them for that reason.

I only settle for the Choice/Select labeled covers if it's a game I don't care that much for.

The original versions get discounted along with new reprints that have those labeled covers, right? Seems like most stores that have both in stock usually price match them, but eventually it's starting to get harder to find the original covers as the discount editions slowly replace them.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: pwwnd123

pwwnd123
3 months ago#36
varcal posted...
pwwnd123 posted...
paipr posted...
Nintendo used to do this more back in the day. It seemed like alot of games made the list after the first year.
Now it takes till the end of the consoles life cycle before they start doing it.

Yeah, Nintendo needs to reduce the price for their best selling games after their first year. Games like BOTW, MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and even Super Mario Odyssey need a price drop too. That will help increase sales for those games because everyone is going to buy them at lower prices.

Why? Stop thinking about this as "I want these games for a lower price." Think about it from Nintendo's perspective, Their games are selling consistently great at their current prices, so why should they lower the price?

I'm all for a lower price on these games but, Nintendo has no need to do so.

Megaman Omega posted...
pwwnd123 posted...

What kind of comparison is this? The Wii U was a dumpster fire, meanwhile the Switch is breaking sales records left and right and made Nintendo over a billion in profit last year. Of course the sales situation of the system and games is going to be different.

Yeah, that's the difference but even more successful systems have price cuts too with their games. Sony and Microsoft's best selling games go up on Greatest Hits or Platinum Hits very quickly and are offered for cheaper prices. Besides games are very expensive from where I live, which is in Canada. Canadian pricing is always higher than US pricing. BOTW, MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey have already sold really well when they first came out. Odyssey became the fastest selling 3D Mario title upon release and the sales for Odyssey started to slow down now. Lowering prices will help them sell more units quickly because everyone will want to buy the games.
A 2000s era gamer who grew up with retro technology from the 90s.

User Info: pwwnd123

pwwnd123
3 months ago#37
xF0x posted...
16bit posted...
xF0x posted...
Hell_Thrasher posted...
xF0x posted...

I only settle for the Choice/Select labeled covers if it's a game I don't care that much for.

The original versions get discounted along with new reprints that have those labeled covers, right? Seems like most stores that have both in stock usually price match them, but eventually it's starting to get harder to find the original covers as the discount editions slowly replace them.

Well I don't really care about whether I get Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects, all I care is about playing the damn game. That's not that much of a difference. It's still the same product just offered at a lower price.Sure some games have some differences between their non discount counterparts but that's nothing substantial.
A 2000s era gamer who grew up with retro technology from the 90s.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. When will Nintendo Selects come to the Switch?
  • Topic Archived