When will Nintendo Selects come to the Switch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. When will Nintendo Selects come to the Switch?

User Info: pwwnd123

pwwnd123
3 months ago#1
Almost every Nintendo console since the SNES has had price cuts for best selling games. Almost every other console has price cuts for best selling games. When will the Switch get price cuts for its best selling games?

It should happen pretty quickly. During the GameCube era, best selling games would go for Player's Choice very quickly. I think the same should happen with Switch games. After all games like BOTW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Mario Odyssey could be offered at lower price points since they've sold like hotcakes and already are top sellers. Switch games are very expensive in certain places, especially in places like Canada where they are hard to afford. It's time the best selling Switch games should receive a price drop in the Nintendo Selects line.
A 2000s era gamer who grew up with retro technology from the 90s.

User Info: pwwnd123

pwwnd123
3 months ago#2
Even some of the Wii U's own games dropped in price around late 2015.
A 2000s era gamer who grew up with retro technology from the 90s.

User Info: boogaboogaboo

boogaboogaboo
3 months ago#3
I’d say it’s still a long ways off.
Break me off a piece of that Roseanne Barr.

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
3 months ago#4
It's going to be a looooooong time. When Nintendo stuff sells well (i.e. Wii) it stays overpriced for ages.
As of 2018, the Vita and 3DS are still much better than the Switch.

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
3 months ago#5
2020 at the absolute earliest. Even then, I think 2021-2022 is more realistic.

The games are selling extremely well and Nintendo is going to try to make as much money off of them as possible.
Official Jack Atlas of the Nintendo Switch Board
Watch Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
3 months ago#6
They didn't release 3ds selects until 2016...

It included ocarina of time and animal crossing.

That's 5 years after the 3ds released.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: derekfishbowl

derekfishbowl
3 months ago#7
At least a couple of years away. BotW, Odyssey, and MK8 are still selling very well so there’s no reason to drop the price.

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
3 months ago#8
pwwnd123 posted...
It should happen pretty quickly. During the GameCube era, best selling games would go for Player's Choice very quickly. I think the same should happen with Switch games.

The Wii, Wii U, and 3DS games that followed show they've long since stopped following that model. It ain't going to happen quickly anymore.
http://backloggery.com/davcube

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
3 months ago#9
DavCube posted...
pwwnd123 posted...
It should happen pretty quickly. During the GameCube era, best selling games would go for Player's Choice very quickly. I think the same should happen with Switch games.

The Wii, Wii U, and 3DS games that followed show they've long since stopped following that model. It ain't going to happen quickly anymore.

Aye however each console is different the difference with the Switch is that very rarely eshop sales happen and sales in general. Not to mention the need to sell DLC heavy games at a discount in order to get more people to shell out for DLC. Like putting Splatoon 2 as a select to sell more DLC packs. The Wii U didnt do this but the Wii U didn't do sales really so I'd say it'll be in-between so sooner than the last three consoles.
Ignorance is Bliss...

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
3 months ago#10
MG_Salad posted...
It's going to be a looooooong time. When Nintendo stuff sells well (i.e. Wii) it stays overpriced for ages.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. When will Nintendo Selects come to the Switch?
  • Topic Archived