just picked up a Switch for $42... It's a Korean version...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. just picked up a Switch for $42... It's a Korean version...

User Info: bbivens

bbivens
3 weeks ago#1
What will I need to do so my daughter can play in the US?
Salty & Lit : Matthew 5:13
friend code SW-7237-8679-1684 - user name varies based on my mood...

User Info: Octoboy

Octoboy
3 weeks ago#2
Buy a US Switch and dont forget Octopath Traveler. Marvellous!

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
3 weeks ago#3
That's crazy cheap. If it works then all you should need to do is select 'US' as the region of the account when you set it up.

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
3 weeks ago#4
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22283/~/regional-compatibility-faq
Spectre of Dark Aether

bbivens
3 weeks ago#5
Shah138 posted...
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22283/~/regional-compatibility-faq

Yeah, so I went there and it was a a bit nebulous... Also chatted with Nintendo who wasn't all too helpful... I found a voltage step up (110-220) on Amazon for $30 bucks... That may be the ticket... Nintendo seemed to insinuate that a US plug would work via USB C.

Octoboy posted...
Buy a US Switch and dont forget Octopath Traveler. Marvellous!

I already have 3 US Switches (since day one) and might pick up Octopath once it drops in price... I have a huge back log of games right now.

User Info: dunnyrega

dunnyrega
3 weeks ago#6
bbivens posted...
Yeah, so I went there and it was a a bit nebulous... Also chatted with Nintendo who wasn't all too helpful... I found a voltage step up (110-220) on Amazon for $30 bucks... That may be the ticket... Nintendo seemed to insinuate that a US plug would work via USB C.

I have a Japanese as well as an NA switch, yes any plug from any country works as the voltage is processed by the brick at the end of the cable that connects to the wall.it has been like that since the famicom with all their systems. all you need to buy id your region adapter, any switch and dock will work as the current going from the wall plug trough the cable into the system is the same.
PSN: Akiradeviruman
https://youtu.be/W3PFqMnqTbI https://www.twitch.tv/dunnyrega

User Info: Garethc78

Garethc78
3 weeks ago#7
OP the voltage that a switch needs is something like 5V 2 amp/15V 3 amp portable/docked (or something similar, without checking my plug can’t say for definite)

The USB C port will work fine with a US/EU/UK/Aus plug so get one and play.

I don’t believe there are any differences internally between international switches, normally the AC adapter does all the work in that regard.
3DS FC - 0018-0160-7304 - Taff
PSN - taff1337
bbivens posted...
That may be the ticket... Nintendo seemed to insinuate that a US plug would work via USB C.

All you really need to worry about is getting an official power cable, which shouldn't be too difficult at all.
It's just USB-C on the other end, with some handshakes inside to get the dock to work properly.

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
3 weeks ago#9
Questionmarktarius posted...
bbivens posted...
That may be the ticket... Nintendo seemed to insinuate that a US plug would work via USB C.

All you really need to worry about is getting an official power cable, which shouldn't be too difficult at all.
It's just USB-C on the other end, with some handshakes inside to get the dock to work properly.

This. The switch isn't region locked, so all you really need to do (if you haven't or it wasn't) is factory reset the thing, set it to English/US, and get US plug for it. The power conversion all happens in the brick, after that it doesn't matter.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

bbivens
3 weeks ago#10
man, what a score!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. just picked up a Switch for $42... It's a Korean version...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived