• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What are you top FIVE games for the Nintendo Switch thus far?

User Info: rowleyfan3000

rowleyfan3000
5 months ago#1
I was sitting down yesterday playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and I was thinking about my top five games on the system. I currently own around 30 physical titles and about 10 digital, some have been masterpieces and some have been duds. Some I felt were overrated and some I felt were really underrated.

Here are my top five and reasonings for each:

1. Super Mario Odyssey - SM64 is my second favorite game of all time and this really brought me back to the days of exploring worlds and really checking around every crevice of each world. I 100%ed it and everything and I definitely know it'll be a game I'll continue to play for years to come. Truly a masterpiece.

2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Yeah, I used to have a Wii U and I bought MK8 the day it came out on it. I bought it with my Switch the day it launched in 2017 and I continue to play it with friends to this day. Between both versions I've clocked in well over 100 hours into the game and it's truly a great upgrade to an already terrific game.

3. Wild Guns Reloaded - I never played the original SNES version and really wanted to finally try it. I preordered it and picked it up the day it came out and it's a game I've played so much. The art style, gameplay and soundtrack are just amazing. I actually have a poster of the game next to my Switch collection.

4. Poi: Explorer Edition - Right after I beat Super Mario Odyssey I went out and picked this up. I went into it with decent expectations and it surpassed them. It feels like SMO Jr., a smaller version of a great game. The art style and game play is simple yet fun. I still hum the theme song to this day and, just like SMO, I know i'll be playing this one for years to come.

5. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - I used to have this on the Wii U and LOVED it. When it was announced that it was going to port over to the Switch I knew I had to have it (Game Chasers anyone?). I picked up on launch day on Friday and I'm addicted to it again. I just love the puzzles, the mild exploration, the challenges and the soundtrack. It truly is a one-of-a-kind game that keeps me coming back.
You are so money and you don't even know it!

User Info: ArwingCommander

ArwingCommander
5 months ago#2
BotW
Octopath Traveler (based on the demo, anyway. Probably going to start the game today)
Splatoon 2
Steamworld Dig 2
Hollow Knight
I ain't your buddy, go away!

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
5 months ago#3
Mmm, in no particular order I would say:

Breath of the Wild
West of Loathing
Celeste
Streamworld Dig 2
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove

This list changes with how I'm feeling at the time though. I've never been all that great with consistently picking favorites outside of one or two games.

User Info: Krambo42

Krambo42
5 months ago#4
Stardew Valley
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
SteamWorld Dig 2
Shovel Knight
Breath of the Wild

Nice to see Poi on your list. It's nowhere near my top 5, but I really had a good time with that game. I actually enjoyed it more than Odyssey.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
5 months ago#5
1) Octopath Traveler
2) Xenoblade 2
3) Hollow Knight
4) Odyssey
5) Stardew Valley
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: 1UpJohn

1UpJohn
5 months ago#6
Octopath Traveler
Super Mario Odyssey
Starview Valley
Dragon Quest Builders
Splatoon 2

User Info: rowleyfan3000

rowleyfan3000
5 months ago#7
Krambo42 posted...
Stardew Valley
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
SteamWorld Dig 2
Shovel Knight
Breath of the Wild

Nice to see Poi on your list. It's nowhere near my top 5, but I really had a good time with that game. I actually enjoyed it more than Odyssey.

Yeah, for some reason it really sticks out to me. Everytime I skim through my games I see and go "aw man, I need to play through this again soon."
You are so money and you don't even know it!

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
5 months ago#8
1. Zelda BotW
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Octopath Traveler
4. Mario+Rabbids
5. Dragon Quest Builders
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: DarthSloth5555

DarthSloth5555
5 months ago#9
5. Fire Emblem Warriors
4. Hollow Knight
3. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
2. Octopath Traveler
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

User Info: MadTim

MadTim
5 months ago#10
In no order.
Mario Odyssey
Zelda
Stardew
Splatoon 2
Skyrim(yeah yeah shudup)
"I'm not doing it because all the cool kids are doing it, I'm doing it because I'm a cool kid."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What are you top FIVE games for the Nintendo Switch thus far?
  • Topic Archived