• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will Octopath Traveler outsell Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

User Info: InklingBoyBae26

InklingBoyBae26
5 months ago#11
meiyuki posted...
I really hope so. OT is by FAR the better game.

Meh I’m enjoying both equally so far
"Have the courage to act and think on your own, have the courage to disobey" :Sage.
NS FC:SW-6168-2683-2313

User Info: Layton_Kyouju

Layton_Kyouju
5 months ago#12
supertecmobowl posted...
Layton_Kyouju posted...
It’s not going to sell more than 1.5 million.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sold like 1.4 million. So 1.5 million is a success.

Source? Because there is no way the Torna announcement didn’t move units
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muW-ADqEt3o

User Info: CloudStrife630

CloudStrife630
5 months ago#13
Layton_Kyouju posted...
It’s not going to sell more than 1.5 million.

Yes it will
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: Gamersoft

Gamersoft
5 months ago#14
meiyuki posted...

Only according to you.

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
5 months ago#15
I hope it does, I feel Octopath is an infinitely better game compared to XC2.

Though both games do feel that the devs really were putting a lot of love and effort into it, even with some of XC2 more questionable aspects, in that sense I do feel that both do deserve sales at least.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: MonoNopon

MonoNopon
5 months ago#16
I very much doubt Octopath Traveler will pass 1.5 million. Its a great game but its a new IP and a 2D sprite title that not many outside of nostalgia would take interest in. Xenoblade is an established franchise and has likely sold 1.4m ~ 1.5m or is currently at 1.6m ~ 1.7m thanks to E3 giving it a boost with its upcoming DLC story.

meiyuki posted...

Totally not surprising coming from you.

User Info: Gaia093

Gaia093
5 months ago#17
Possibly. The gameplay is more readily accessible and it gained a lot of visibility thanks to the demos and Direct focus.

I did guess it'll sell about 1.5 million, not sure whether Xeno 2 got to that point. I know it sold 1 million worldwide really quickly, but I don't know how it went afterwards.

User Info: LinkofEvil

LinkofEvil
5 months ago#18
Gaia093 posted...
Possibly. The gameplay is more readily accessible and it gained a lot of visibility thanks to the demos and Direct focus.

I did guess it'll sell about 1.5 million, not sure whether Xeno 2 got to that point. I know it sold 1 million worldwide really quickly, but I don't know how it went afterwards.

It sold 1.3 million afterwards, making it both the best selling Monolith Soft game and Xeno title. I imagine its at 1.5 million by now but like MonoNopon said, I don't see anyone else buying this other than the nostalgia crowd.

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
5 months ago#19
Maybe, when the game eventually goes multiplatform. On Switch alone, not happening.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: BurningAzure

BurningAzure
5 months ago#20
No, it won't outsell Xenoblade 2.

xF0x posted...
Maybe, when the game eventually goes multiplatform. On Switch alone, not happening.

Lol.

I could see it selling like 200k ~ 350k at best on Playstation 4, it would flop on the Xbox One, and PC is where I could see it doing most of the numbers.
"TAKE THHHHHHHIIIISSSSSS!!"
- Rex
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will Octopath Traveler outsell Xenoblade Chronicles 2?
  • Topic Archived