Is there a compiled list of all 60fps switch games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is there a compiled list of all 60fps switch games?

User Info: MrTuna

MrTuna
4 weeks ago#31
Tropical Freeze is 60fps
GT:OG Kush Man | i5 4690k | EVGA 980Ti | 16 gigs ram | 1TB HDD | 250 GB SSD |

User Info: Usabell

Usabell
4 weeks ago#32
spewman posted...
To answer your questions, TC, the only platform on which crash bandicoot runs at 60fps is PC. Watch the digital foundry analysis if you want more information. I believe that Octopath Traveler is only 30fps.

Like Kirby, there's a demo for Octopath. You can check it out to see it fluctuates between 20 and 30 FPS. I'm airing for the Switch Pro to play this game, as a 2D side scrolling game really isn't that much fun in 30 FPS.
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.

User Info: spewman

spewman
4 weeks ago#33
Usabell posted...
as a 2D side scrolling game really isn't that much fun in 30 FPS.

It certainly detracts from the experience for me, but I imagine the battles could still be fun.

User Info: LayDownAndRot

LayDownAndRot
4 weeks ago#34
MrTuna posted...
Tropical Freeze is 60fps

Thanks I will check that one out. In handheld as well?

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
4 weeks ago#35
If it doesn't exist, such a list should definitely be made.

All Warriors games run at 30 FPS in handheld mode. Which is a shame as at least some of them run at 1080p60 docked only to end up 720p30 handheld.

User Info: Navarium

Navarium
4 weeks ago#36
I don’t like 60FPS titles on the Switch as they don’t look very good. I much prefer graphical fidelity over a high frame rate. Games like Fortnite, BOTW, DooM and Wolfenstein are gorgeous 30FPS titles.

spewman
4 weeks ago#37
LayDownAndRot posted...
In handheld as well?

Yes.

spewman
4 weeks ago#38
HighwayPilot posted...
If it doesn't exist, such a list should definitely be made.

I think the list ought to say how solid the framerate is too. I'd rather a rock solid 30fps than a game that targets 60fps but jumps around between 45-55 most of the time.

Needless to say, dkctf is a rock solid 60fps on the switch iirc from the digital foundry video.

User Info: ikki5

ikki5
4 weeks ago#39
Ryanator20x6 posted...
Nobody cared about this s*** before 2013. I'm not saying that graphics don't matter, but, but this microanalysis is just stupid. Mario Kart 8 switches to 30 FPS in 3-4 player split-screen, and the effect on my enjoyment of the game is small.

Where... did you play games? FPS has always been important.
All signatures are offensive!

spewman
4 weeks ago#40
ikki5 posted...
FPS has always been important.

Agreed. Athough I'd say before 3d games fps wasn't much of a concern for console gamers as the vast majority of games would run at 60fps (although back then I believe we would get actual slowdown as opposed to dropped frames).
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is there a compiled list of all 60fps switch games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived