Is there a compiled list of all 60fps switch games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is there a compiled list of all 60fps switch games?

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
3 months ago#21
Amazing that a lot of people are falling for this troll Lol.

User Info: aux

aux
3 months ago#22
DUBTuner posted...

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=4190067&page=1

Watching the movie Cloverfield made some theater goers so nauseous they had to leave the screening. AMC offered refunds to affected patrons.
Troll Slayer Extraordinaire!!!
Tis a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

User Info: LayDownAndRot

LayDownAndRot
3 months ago#23
DUBTuner posted...

It's not a troll.

60fps is very important at a bare minimum. If Zelda BOTW was a solid 60fps I'd rate the game a 6 out of 10 instead of a 4/10

Does Octopath traveller run at 60fps?

User Info: Board_hunter567

Board_hunter567
3 months ago#24
LayDownAndRot posted...
DUBTuner posted...

It's not a troll.

60fps is very important at a bare minimum. If Zelda BOTW was a solid 60fps I'd rate the game a 6 out of 10 instead of a 4/10

I'm sorry that some are so insensitive to your condition and don't realize you can't play most games that are released.
You must be so strong having to quickly look away while politely explaining why you can't watch a majority of YouTube videos shared with you or even 30 FPS footage taken of your friends and family. It's not their fault it's just...they're not silky smooth or fluid enough.

To answer your question, Octopath traveller doesn't exist. But Octopath Traveler runs at 120 FPS...unfortunately the animations are all sprite based so it's effectively like looking at 12 FPS. Sorry, but you'll have to miss out on a great experience because some devs are too lazy and inconsiderate to animate 60 frames of pixel art.
http://i.imgur.com/szMsu.png
Validate your purchases and discredit the purchases of others whenever possible. Numbers objectively define quality and enjoyment.

User Info: sephatu

sephatu
3 months ago#25
derekfishbowl posted...
I can’t play anything under 60fps either. Seriously, as soon as the framerate hits 59 or lower, I instantly barf all over the place. I can’t watch TV or movies without spewing vomit everywhere. Don’t let me walk into a Best Buy with all those TVs on or they will have to evacuate the building due to a flood of my puke.

LOL I'm in tears 😂

User Info: LayDownAndRot

LayDownAndRot
3 months ago#26
Board_hunter567 posted...
LayDownAndRot posted...
DUBTuner posted...

It's not a troll.

I'm sorry that some are so insensitive to your condition and don't realize you can't play most games that are released.
You must be so strong having to quickly look away while politely explaining why you can't watch a majority of YouTube videos shared with you or even 30 FPS footage taken of your friends and family. It's not their fault it's just...they're not silky smooth or fluid enough.

To answer your question, Octopath traveller doesn't exist. But Octopath Traveler runs at 120 FPS...unfortunately the animations are all sprite based so it's effectively like looking at 12 FPS. Sorry, but you'll have to miss out on a great experience because some devs are too lazy and inconsiderate to animate 60 frames of pixel art.

There's a difference between watching videos and playing a game.

There's a reason why fighting games are always 60fps. You seem like a huge switch fanboy who can't handle any criticism of the platform.

Imagine playing Odyssey at 30fps or under... It wouldn't be the same experience.

User Info: The_LuXx

The_LuXx
3 months ago#27
I used to think there wasn't too much of a difference, but with Pc versions of games that allow uncapped frame rate, the difference feels huge.

I lowered my framerate cap to 30-60 to see what a console version of some games would feel like and it felt like my Pc was having hardware issues.

Games with a targeted framerate across all platforms I'd prefer to play on console, preferably a Switch version.

User Info: spewman

spewman
3 months ago#28
To answer your questions, TC, the only platform on which crash bandicoot runs at 60fps is PC. Watch the digital foundry analysis if you want more information. I believe that Octopath Traveler is only 30fps.

User Info: Usabell

Usabell
3 months ago#29
metaphysician posted...
Why does it matter whether it hits 60 fps?

Because it then runs at the native frame rate, also known as, smooth?
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.

User Info: Usabell

Usabell
3 months ago#30
Kovatch posted...
It's highly unlikely. All movies are 24fps...

TC asked about games though.
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is there a compiled list of all 60fps switch games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived