Ouch...Gamespot previews octopath traveler and it's not looking good...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Ouch...Gamespot previews octopath traveler and it's not looking good...

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
4 months ago#1
https://www.gamespot.com/videos/is-new-switch-rpg-octopath-traveler-living-up-to-e/2300-6444915/

It's safe to say they don't really like the game. 35 hours in and it's hard for them to think about what they like and there's virtually no story

User Info: Cooldawg86

Cooldawg86
4 months ago#2
But it looks like Final Fantasy?

Good enough for me!
Let me catch you buying a console at launch! >:(

User Info: Mirage13

Mirage13
4 months ago#3
I couldn't care less what any western gaming fan site has to say. Gamespot is one of them. Day one preorder for me.
The internet and social media are single-handedly destroying western civilized culture.
(message deleted)

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
4 months ago#5
No story is a good thing. I prefer RPGs where they just give you some characters and a world to dick around in, then you can create your own story.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Viccss

Viccss
4 months ago#6
xF0x posted...
No story is a good thing. I prefer RPGs where they just give you some characters and a world to dick around in, then you can create your own story.

-facepalm-

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
4 months ago#7
I've never taken Gamespot official site reviews seriously as they always review games low that I've liked, so I'll wait for the user reviews.

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
4 months ago#8
Get a job already.

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
4 months ago#9
Viccss posted...
xF0x posted...

-facepalm-

If you prefer linearity with heavily scripted story that's fine, but you have no idea how much an RPG can improve with more freedom and slightly less involved narrative.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Viccss

Viccss
4 months ago#10
xF0x posted...
Viccss posted...
xF0x posted...

-facepalm-

If you prefer linearity with heavily scripted story that's fine, but you have no idea how much an RPG can improve with more freedom and slightly less involved narrative.

You might as well just play GTA
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Ouch...Gamespot previews octopath traveler and it's not looking good...
  • Topic Archived