Best exclusive JP eShop games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best exclusive JP eShop games?

User Info: Aurora_

Aurora_
3 months ago#1
Thinking about setting up a fake JP profile if there’s some good exclusives that are destined to never reach our shores.
...the world might be mended...

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
3 months ago#2
It doesn't need be fake, NS's region free. I'd like the Seiken Densetsu Collection though it may yet come out in English.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
3 months ago#3
Sisters Royale (shmup from Alfa System, creators of Castle of Shikigami) is honestly the only one i'd (strongly) recommend where the language isn't important.

They also have some of Koei's Musou/Warriors games, but i don't think it's necessary to import those as there are enough western Musou releases on the Switch.

About demos, they have exclusive Sonic Forces Dragon Quest Heroes demos and their Puyo Puyo Tetris and Spelunker demos are better/longer then the western ones.
No More Heroes

Aurora_
3 months ago#4
@PedroMontana posted...
Sisters Royale (shmup from Alfa System, creators of Castle of Shikigami) is honestly the only one i'd (strongly) recommend where the language isn't important.

They also have some of Koei's Musou/Warriors games, but i don't think it's necessary to import those as there are enough western Musou releases on the Switch.

About demos, they have exclusive Sonic Forces Dragon Quest Heroes demos and their Puyo Puyo Tetris and Spelunker demos are better/longer then the western ones.

Any place you recommend to safely buy a 1500 or 2000 yen card?

User Info: spewman

spewman
3 months ago#5
I buy japan eshop cards from playasia. I've never had a problem with them but ymmv.

I recommend bike rider dx and boxy racers.

Aurora_
3 months ago#6
Grabbed 3000 from playasia, downloaded the Sisters Royale.

Any other recommendations for 1500yen?

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
3 months ago#7
PedroMontana posted...

Dragon Quest Heroes (the full game) is Japanese exclusive.
Buy these Switch games if you support Overpricing:
Kirby Star Allies. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido.

Aurora_
3 months ago#8
Got better versions of both DQH on PS4 already :)

Aurora_
3 months ago#9
Bump

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
3 months ago#10
The localization rate on the Switch (and during this generation in general) is pretty good, so there are actually relatively few interesting JP exclusives.

There are 2 pretty cool looking JP exclusive retail games (Liar Princess and that "Four Knight Princess Training" game, but i think NISA might localize those sooner or later. Both games likely would be alot less fun without actually understanding the language.

Wild Guns Reloaded is 1800 yen on the JP shop, so it's significantly cheaper then the western release.

Now, about using up your remaining 1500 yen, honestly i'd recommend to simply keep them until the next interesting JP-only release comes around.

Otherwise, the 598 yen Bike Rider game that has been mentioned before is supposed to be pretty good, the 999 yen Brave Men Road balancing game looks bad but like a interesting japanese novelty/oddity, and maybe the 500 yen Mr. Driller/Dig Dug/Boulder Dash-esque Osyaber!Horijou might be interesting (actually, it looks pretty lame in my opinion).

I don't know, i think you should just keep them.
No More Heroes
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best exclusive JP eShop games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived