In case you have somehow been living under a rock...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. In case you have somehow been living under a rock...

User Info: Aurora_

Aurora_
1 month ago#11
kranix1 posted...
T_Info posted...
Can confirm the game is amazing. I’m about 32 hours in. Main game complete, working on extras.

I thought 2018 was going to be a down year for the Switch, but Celeste and Hollow Knight have carried it for me so far. Both among my top 5 Switch games.

Two indie games is an up year for you?

Hollow Knight is a massive, stunning game, that far outclasses many AAA games.

“Indie” doesn’t automatically mean badly produced shovelware.
...the world might be mended...

User Info: Smackems

Smackems
1 month ago#12
Great for people into games like that but it's not for me.
Common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world-some dude.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#13
I’ll pick it up some day. Though i still doubt it’ll knock Metroid Prime or Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse off my list of favorite metroidvanias (although i could see it find a place alongside them none the less).
A dino with passion for games and technology.
You are entitled to your opinion, but not to slap those whose opinion differs from yours.

User Info: Aurora_

Aurora_
1 month ago#14
Littlefoot posted...
I’ll pick it up some day. Though i still doubt it’ll knock Metroid Prime or Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse off my list of favorite metroidvanias (although i could see it find a place alongside them none the less).

I hope you end up pleasantly surprised! I think you will!
...the world might be mended...

User Info: DrProfessor

DrProfessor
1 month ago#15
Littlefoot posted...
Dude Hollow Knight is unlike any Metroidvania ever created. Calling it great is an understatement.

You should look into it sooner rather than later.
"I would fire anyone who teabags because it's indicative of being a child, and I do not support child labor."
The_Undying_84

User Info: Pink_a_Dink

Pink_a_Dink
1 month ago#16
I've been on the fence about it for a while now. On one hand it does look fun, on the other hand I feel like I'll get bored quickly. It doesn't seem to be very fast paced or exciting from the bits of gameplay I've seen. I mostly see people just running through "beautiful environments". I'm afraid it won't be very stimulating for me. Maybe I should just go for it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtEt0Cudt8
Screw PS4, XB1, and Wii U. Gamesphere is where it's at. Its spherical! SPHERICAL!!!

User Info: spewman

spewman
1 month ago#17
It's not everyone's cup of tea. I love metroidvanias but this game became boring for me after a few hours. It feels so repetitive.

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
1 month ago#18
What makes HK hard? The GameFAQs user rating states that it's Tough on all versions of the game, but I've never actually seen anyone say anything about its difficulty.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
1 month ago#19
I want to buy it, but not right now. On my watch list, along with a dozen other games.

I got my copy of YS VIII early, so am currently enjoying that.

I have some gold coins expiring in August, so will be buying an eshop title then.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: Mister-Man

Mister-Man
1 month ago#20
xF0x posted...
What makes HK hard? The GameFAQs user rating states that it's Tough on all versions of the game, but I've never actually seen anyone say anything about its difficulty.

It's not so tough. You might have to face a few bosses a couple times but you learn their movements fast, it's pretty average in difficulty
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. In case you have somehow been living under a rock...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived