• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker- A port done right!

User Info: meetmenow

meetmenow
10 months ago#51
Jasmin2002 posted...
It was $40 on Wii U, so it's a full price port.

Considering the game is not exactly packed with content, I fail to see how it's "a port done right".

Please use google search on the current price for this title as NEW. You’ll still see it in most places at $30-$40 for both Wii U and 3DS.

You clearly aren’t researching your argument.

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
10 months ago#52
meetmenow posted...
Okay, the DLC argument is fair game, but a good sized chunk of new content is usually NOT added to ports. That is where you are wrong.

A lot of them do actually. Additional characters, levels, side-stories, etc might not be the majority, but they are common. Thing is, on any system other than Nintendo platforms these usually are budget-priced too.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: Jasmin2002

Jasmin2002
10 months ago#53
meetmenow posted...
Jasmin2002 posted...

Considering the game is not exactly packed with content, I fail to see how it's "a port done right".

Please use google search on the current price for this title as NEW. You’ll still see it in most places at $30-$40 for both Wii U and 3DS.

...what?

It was $40 when it was released. Current price doesn't matter. Do you think a Suikoden II remake should be $100 because the price went up since it was released?

It was $40 on release and it is $40 now. It is a full price rerelease. It's not more expensive like Tropical Freeze, but it's not cheaper either.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
10 months ago#54
First I'm hear g about it missing levels from the original. I don't care what the quality of those levels was, knowing they are missing just dropped this from a maybe to a pass.

meetmenow
10 months ago#55
Jasmin2002 posted...
meetmenow posted...
Jasmin2002 posted...

...what?

It was $40 when it was released. Current price doesn't matter. Do you think a Suikoden II remake should be $100 because the price went up since it was released?

It was $40 on release and it is $40 now. It is a full price rerelease. It's not more expensive like Tropical Freeze, but it's not cheaper either.

So you want it priced at what then?

$30 like the Wii U version? Less than the Wii U version? Cheaper than the 3DS game?

You clearly aren’t thinking any of this through. Lol why do you think I’m bringing up price...

Jasmin2002
10 months ago#56
meetmenow posted...

$30 like the Wii U version? Less than the Wii U version? Cheaper than the 3DS game?

Lol why do you think I’m bringing up price...

Less than the Wii U version. $25 would be a great price, imo. Especially if they really patched out content.

User Info: dominodalek

dominodalek
10 months ago#57
MetalZoic posted...
First I'm hear g about it missing levels from the original. I don't care what the quality of those levels was, knowing they are missing just dropped this from a maybe to a pass.

It's missing four levels, which were essentially just 3D World levels with extra ramps. In exchange it gets four brand new levels which will probably be far more interesting since they're not recycled content. It's a shame they cut them out, but it's not like nothing's there in exchange.

meetmenow
10 months ago#58
Jasmin2002 posted...
meetmenow posted...

Less than the Wii U version. $25 would be a great price, imo. Especially if they really patched out content.

So you want it priced cheaper than the 3DS game?!

Yeah, I’m totally lost with you know. I’m sorry, but I can’t take this seriously.

Cheaper prices are great, but you need to make some type of business sense as well.

Jasmin2002
10 months ago#59
meetmenow posted...
Jasmin2002 posted...
meetmenow posted...

Yeah, I’m totally lost with you know. I’m sorry, but I can’t take this seriously.

Cheaper prices are great, but you need to make some type of business sense as well.

I guess you also supported DKCTF being $60.

meetmenow
10 months ago#60
Jasmin2002 posted...
meetmenow posted...
Jasmin2002 posted...
meetmenow posted...

I guess you also supported DKCTF being $60.

Hell no! I made a topic about it when it was announced and it reached 500 comments lol.
That price tag and Bayonetta I disagree with.

And now you’ve revealed to be an ill informed person that likes arguing senselessly. You didn’t even read the initial post where I disagreed with the pricing of DKTF... SMFH!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker- A port done right!
  • Topic Archived