Captain Toad Treasure Tracker- A port done right!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker- A port done right!

User Info: meetmenow

meetmenow
1 month ago#11
spewman posted...
I enjoyed the demo but I'm not sure I'm sold on the motion controlled pointer. I'm hoping there's an option to change this in the full game.

Yes! I was caught off guard with the pointer lol.

Is this to make up for the Wii U stylus? I hope there’s an option to disable on non-Kart levels

User Info: Twintellyamama

Twintellyamama
1 month ago#12
How does the pointer work? What's it for?

meetmenow
1 month ago#13
Twintellyamama posted...
How does the pointer work? What's it for?

You control it with the motion sensor on your remote and hold down a button to stun enemies and interact with certain things

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 month ago#14
@Fvgvd45 posted...
MirageMew2 posted...
I read they completely replaced the 3D World levels with Odyssey levels rather than having them both. That’s pretty lame.

Imagine being this dumb. Of course the original levels are still there.

imagine being such an ass you call someone dumb for saying exactly what is going on.

reports are the levels are replaced, instead of the new ones being added.

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
1 month ago#15
Fvgvd45 posted...
MirageMew2 posted...
I read they completely replaced the 3D World levels with Odyssey levels rather than having them both. That’s pretty lame.

meetmenow posted...
MirageMew2 posted...

I just read up in this and it appears to be the case for right now. It is unknown if they will make their presence in the final product. They may be unlockable levels.

It’s also only 4 levels

0ofreako0 posted...
@Fvgvd45 posted...
MirageMew2 posted...

imagine being such an ass you call someone dumb for saying exactly what is going on.

reports are the levels are replaced, instead of the new ones being added.

haha @Fvgvd45 gomd

anyway game seems tight one way or another just a shame they seemingly cut content.
Switch: 4741-1296-0325|3DS: 0490-5525-7337
"Boy, and I thought the characters in Arms were reaching." - SaviorGabriel

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
1 month ago#16
It has cut content, though, in exchange for new content. I loved Captain Toad, but a retread of this game isn't worth it for me, but it's a good price for new people.

meetmenow
1 month ago#17
Reverted_Pikkon posted...
It has cut content, though, in exchange for new content. I loved Captain Toad, but a retread of this game isn't worth it for me, but it's a good price for new people.

Well that’s isn’t 100% verified yet. The 4 missing levels might be unlockables or might still be in.

Eh, they weren’t even that great to begin with

User Info: spewman

spewman
1 month ago#18
meetmenow posted...
Is this to make up for the Wii U stylus? I hope there’s an option to disable on non-Kart levels

But something still needs to be implemented for docked mode. The non kart levels still need a way to interact with certain objects. I found the motion controls a bit cumbersome with the pro controller. I haven't tried it undocked yet but I suppose the touchscreen works as one would expect in that instance.

I almost hope there's an option to use the right analogue stick to control the pointer (perhaps by clicking it to toggle between camera control and pointer control). I found that with motion controls that I kept having to recenter the pointer, a bit like when you have to lift a mouse off a mouse pad because you have run out of space. It would help if there was a button to recenter the pointer, although it just didn't feel very comfortable aiming with the pro controller for me.
(message deleted)

User Info: Goomba_Owns_All

Goomba_Owns_All
1 month ago#20
If they cut orignal levels, I will only buy octopath traveller.
Goomba for SSB5
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker- A port done right!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived