would people still play fortnite if it was not free?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. would people still play fortnite if it was not free?

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 months ago#11
astelion posted...
People are paying way more for cosmetics...

Exactly. I know a handful of people who've spent over $100 on Fortnite.

I'd certainly buy it if it was $40 for my kids
[RSG] Red Screen Gaming
GT - YELARAKA / Switch FC: 1432-0183-6634

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
3 months ago#12
The thing to ponder: part of the appeal of Fortnite is dependent on the size of the playerbase. It is a multiplayer game, after all. So, while there certainly are people who ( eventually ) spend quite a bit of money on it. . . would they be willing to spend that much on a game with a tenth of the active players?

User Info: Hanzoh

Hanzoh
3 months ago#13
I don’t even play it.

User Info: Navarium

Navarium
3 months ago#14
Of course people would play if it wasn’t free. I’d pay $30 for the game which is the same as PUBG. Some people refuse to play the game as it stands and that’s understandable. I wouldn’t play games like Mario Odyssey, Hyrule Warriors or Xenoblade if they were free either.

User Info: bamm531

bamm531
3 months ago#15
I dont understand why it being free would make it less desirable to some. To answer the question, I paid 40 dollars to get the save the world mode to support the game and then earn free vbucks to spend on the battle pass and cosmetics, so all I pay is 40 dollars. The comment stating the person wouldn't play Mario Odyssey, Hyrule Warriors or Xenoblade if they were free really baffles me. I would have loved to save 180 dollars and get to enjoy those games.

User Info: elephvant

elephvant
3 months ago#16
I wouldn't, no. It's okay and I'll keep it on my system, maybe play now and then, but if it was a paid game, I wouldn't have picked it up in the first place. It really lacks polish and the gameplay is pretty simplistic. Easily forgivable in a free game, but not in something you've shelled out thirty bucks on.
Currently Playing: Hyrule Warriors, Ikaruga, Hollow Knight

User Info: Navarium

Navarium
3 months ago#17
bamm531 posted...
I dont understand why it being free would make it less desirable to some. To answer the question, I paid 40 dollars to get the save the world mode to support the game and then earn free vbucks to spend on the battle pass and cosmetics, so all I pay is 40 dollars. The comment stating the person wouldn't play Mario Odyssey, Hyrule Warriors or Xenoblade if they were free really baffles me. I would have loved to save 180 dollars and get to enjoy those games.

It’s not really baffling. I wouldn’t want to spend my time playing those games as they’re not the kind of games I’d enjoy. I have access to Mario Odyssey as my friend has the cartridge for his Switch however I have zero desire to borrow it from him. I wouldn’t play it unless I was paid to. There are people who refuse to play Fortnite for free, a game I’d pay money to play. That was my point.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
3 months ago#18
Yeah, they will.. but it wont generate as much money.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: spewman

spewman
3 months ago#19
astelion posted...
People are paying way more for cosmetics...

But people aren't rational. They will spend tonnes on microtransactions but refuse to pay a one off purchase price because it is perceived to be too much when in reality they end up spending more on microtransactions.

User Info: RockrrGirrl19

RockrrGirrl19
3 months ago#20
I wouldn't even have tried it if it wasn't free.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. would people still play fortnite if it was not free?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived