• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Seriously though, how many virtual console games have you ever bought?

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
5 months ago#1
Across all virtual consoles - Results (154 votes)
None,0. I'm not interested or I use emulators
15.58% (24 votes)
1, just 1 amazing game
3.25% (5 votes)
2-5, a few really good ones
16.88% (26 votes)
6-10
13.64% (21 votes)
10-24
24.03% (37 votes)
25-49
14.94% (23 votes)
50-74
5.84% (9 votes)
75-99
0.65% (1 vote)
100 or more
5.19% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I suspect most people didn't buy very many. I've had a Wii, Wii U, switch, and DS. I have never bought any game from the Virtual Console. I also had an NES and SNES growing up, so I grew up playing a good chunk of these . My brother has had all these systems except the switch and he's only ever bought 2 games

I think the board is just blowing things out of proportion...again

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
5 months ago#2
i missed out on the nes and snes (was a sega kid) so ended up with a large virtual console library, it was one of my favorite things about the wii, having all these classic games in one place.

the wiiu VC was a bit dissapointing in regards to several systems not being supported but the GBA games were nice.

with switch also doubling as a handheld i was exited at the prospect of being able to play these games on a device which is portable rather than being tethered to a TV.

people accuse others of blowing something out of proportion when it doesnt apply to them.
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
5 months ago#3
I never bought any. I only buy digital games without DRM. I only have ones I got for free. Also having a PAL system getting the 50hz PAL versions was a downside, and some of the games I would've been most interested in were not available(or locked to other regions).

User Info: BoundHunters

BoundHunters
5 months ago#4
I collect games so VC is pretty meaningless to me (but a great idea for others nonetheless). Still...gotta support the team when it comes to EarthBound. Also got some JP exclusives like EB Beginnings and Rondo of Blood, as well as some stuff on the go like the DK games on my 3DS to play when I travelled two years ago.
Owner of 946 games and rising

User Info: Master_Materia

Master_Materia
5 months ago#5
None.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
5 months ago#6
Between all platforms and including a few double dips, probably around 30-40 titles.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
5 months ago#7
Metroid Prime Trilogy and Paper Mario.

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
5 months ago#8
Comyx posted...
Metroid Prime Trilogy and Paper Mario.

The trilogy was an actual vc game? I'm not talking about digital purchases of current gen or remastered games

User Info: Ibuki_Lord

Ibuki_Lord
5 months ago#9
1, Super Metroid on Wii U and only because it was like 98% off during some sale.
PSN - Ibuki-Lord

User Info: Beefheart

Beefheart
5 months ago#10
Classic 2D Mario (SMB1 - SMW) and M64
Nes Mega man (1-6)
All Zelda games
Super Metroid and Prime series
Punch out

I would rebuy today

Super Metroid
LoZ, ALTTP, Minish cap (OoT and MM don't have the pick up and play replay value for me)
SMB3 and SMW
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Seriously though, how many virtual console games have you ever bought?
  • Topic Archived