Ys Viii is over 14GB

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Ys Viii is over 14GB

User Info: Claris12

Claris12
4 months ago#1
just checked the japanese shop. the download size is about 14.2 GB, that’s more then xenoblade 2 if i recall. if you plan on getting it digital make sure you have space.
most wanted games: Ys VIII, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Octopath Traveler, Tales of Vesperia DE, Smash Ultimate

User Info: Sasquatch8080

Sasquatch8080
4 months ago#2
Claris12 posted...
just checked the japanese shop. the download size is about 14.2 GB, that’s more then xenoblade 2 if i recall. if you plan on getting it digital make sure you have space.

Have a 256Gb and ready to roll!
"Is Gamefaqs just a place to see who can say the worst opinion possible?"-ShELbY_GT500
PSN/Xbox: Sasquatch8080

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
4 months ago#3
Nice, I'm glad they didn't go over 16gb.
I'm also super glad they didn't cheap out and put it on an 8gb cart with a 6 gb download...
Buy these Switch games if you support Overpricing:
Kirby Star Allies. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido.

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
4 months ago#4
Dystroph posted...
Nice, I'm glad they didn't go over 16gb.
I'm also super glad they didn't cheap out and put it on an 8gb cart with a 6 gb download...

Nah, it's the 32GB cards developers are afraid of. The game is around 30GB on PS4, so they probably compressed it a bit from that version.
https://thoughts-from-a-salad.neocities.org/

User Info: spewman

spewman
4 months ago#5
MG_Salad posted...
Nah, it's the 32GB cards developers are afraid of.

Say that to capcom.

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
4 months ago#6
spewman posted...
MG_Salad posted...

Say that to capcom.

They're just an outlier thankfully.
https://thoughts-from-a-salad.neocities.org/

Claris12
4 months ago#7
spewman posted...
MG_Salad posted...

Say that to capcom.

capcom are scared of 8GB cards i bet lol
most wanted games: Ys VIII, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Octopath Traveler, Tales of Vesperia DE, Smash Ultimate

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 months ago#8
Welp, all the more reason for me to go physical. I go digital for most games, but for the ones that are over 8 GB is where I go physical.

On topic with the Cartridges...I wonder what's the hold up with Nintendo making 64 GB cartridges...
Bomberman deserves to be in Smash as a playable fighter. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017. R.I.P. Miitomo 2016 - 2018.

Claris12
4 months ago#9
StephenYap3 posted...
Welp, all the more reason for me to go physical. I go digital for most games, but for the ones that are over 8 GB is where I go physical.

On topic with the Cartridges...I wonder what's the hold up with Nintendo making 64 GB cartridges...

and physical you get bonus items like cards :$

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
4 months ago#10
Well if I ever buy this game it is definitely going to be physical.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Ys Viii is over 14GB

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived