• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Not just with Nintendo, but the game industry as a whole, why were there so few

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
5 months ago#1
... new games? over 90% of the games shown in E3 as a whole, were just more info on games we already knew about.... E3 is so dead lately.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: ken95

ken95
5 months ago#2
Eh well there are new games announced/shown at E3 like Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Starfield, Cyberpunk 2077 and so on...

I assume it's because it's much safer to make sequels since there's already a sense of familarity, a potentially exiting fanbase and are much less risky...

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
5 months ago#3
We are nearing the end of the life cycle of both Xbox one/PS4...There's not much new stuff available this gen. As for Nintendo, I don't know why they were so limited.
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

User Info: JJH777

JJH777
5 months ago#4
ken95 posted...
Eh well there are new games announced/shown at E3 like Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Starfield, Cyberpunk 2077 and so on...

I assume it's because it's much safer to make sequels since there's already a sense of familarity, a potentially exiting fanbase and are much less risky...

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced years ago.
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
5 months ago#5
JJH777 posted...
ken95 posted...

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced years ago.

yup Shadows died twice was teased last year also, and Starfield as well.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820
(message deleted)

User Info: SpinoRaptor24

SpinoRaptor24
5 months ago#7
Yeah it's annoying. Not only do they just show games we already saw years ago, but most of the time it's just some cinematic nonsense with little to no gameplay shown.

Death Stranding was announced at E3 2016. What did we get at E3 2018? Some guy walking through an empty field while sad music plays. This is what we waited 2 damn years for?
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsXNTLSz5cgyRwY/200w.gif

User Info: Mabus51

Mabus51
5 months ago#8
Hayas***akara posted...
... new games? over 90% of the games shown in E3 as a whole, were just more info on games we already knew about.... E3 is so dead lately.

Because devs are finishing up with this console generation and working on next gen. Bethesda kinda let it slip when they announced Starfield & Elder Scrolls 6 are next gen games so they have nothing to show on them other than title screens. Next year you’ll see announcements for new PlayStation & Xbox consoles. Microsoft even admitted they’re planning on a 2020 release for the new Xbox.

User Info: Wolfie_Claws

Wolfie_Claws
5 months ago#9
This might be shocking, but every studio can't actually have a ton of brand new exciting games ready to be showcase every single god damn year. It's just impossible. There's always going to be off years, unless that studio is consistant with annual releases, which only Fifa and CoD is these days. Please keep your expectations realistic

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
5 months ago#10
Wolfie_Claws posted...
This might be shocking, but every studio can't actually have a ton of brand new exciting games ready to be showcase every single god damn year. It's just impossible. There's always going to be off years, unless that studio is consistant with annual releases, which only Fifa and CoD is these days. Please keep your expectations realistic

I guess some people want announcements for games that won't come out for 5 more years. Just to torture themselves.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Not just with Nintendo, but the game industry as a whole, why were there so few
  • Topic Archived