• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo's E3 Direct was ok.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
5 months ago#1
Not the greatest, but not really bad. Was expecting Smash to take up the majority of the time, but not that much of it. At the very least we know Nintendo does other Directs throughout the year, which include new announcements and info we might have wanted to see today.
"When you've got no argument, say something bad about <x>."
Perfectly explains why the Nintendo boards are toxic and are full of trolls/haters.

User Info: Link01588

Link01588
5 months ago#2
Agreed. Not bad, but not good. Just overall mediocre like Sony's.
Xenoblade Chronicles is legitimately the best game I've ever played.

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
5 months ago#3
Honestly it was solid all around. I do however agree with most folks on Microsoft being the best of the big 3 this year, and I don’t even own an Xbox.
Switch: 4741-1296-0325|3DS: 0490-5525-7337
"Boy, and I thought the characters in Arms were reaching." - SaviorGabriel

User Info: LeFeverBeaver

LeFeverBeaver
5 months ago#4
Bethesda > M$ > Sony > Nintendo

I don't give two s***s about Smash Bros, and that's ALL Ninetendo had to offer.
Twitter/Twitch: @UglyBunnyJase - https://www.youtube.com/user/zakhansonfan
[Gigabyte Z170, i5-6600, MSI GTX 1080ti] - Switch - PS4 - XBone - Vita - 3DS - SNES

User Info: JJH777

JJH777
5 months ago#5
I agree that it wasn't bad. I'm just so disappointed that there was nothing that surprised me. Besides that mecha game they opened with of course but there was so little information given there that's not something that would excite me. I expected at least one new game in an established series from Nintendo like Star Fox/Pikmin/Metroid/Animal Crossing etc but there was nothing. I also just do not understand what's going on with Retro. How can they go 4 years without unveiling anything? It's not like they are a small studio. They have to be doing something.
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link

User Info: lmello

lmello
5 months ago#6
it would've been better if Smash's time was reduced but nice Direct otherwise.

User Info: MSRP

MSRP
5 months ago#7
DiscostewSM posted...
Not the greatest, but not really bad. Was expecting Smash to take up the majority of the time, but not that much of it. At the very least we know Nintendo does other Directs throughout the year, which include new announcements and info we might have wanted to see today.

Pretty much spot on. I may pick up Mario Party to play with my son and the Smash segment got me interested in the series again, although I would have rather seen more releases than the utterly long time they spent on it. I picked up Hollow Knight today and am liking it. Overall, I didn't mind the presentation. I refognize that E3 isn't nearly as big a deal today as it was 10-15 yrs ago.

User Info: ArwingCommander

ArwingCommander
5 months ago#8
Indeed, it was alright.
I ain't your buddy, go away!

User Info: Chemazan

Chemazan
5 months ago#9
If you lower your standards even further, it may become outstanding

User Info: elephvant

elephvant
5 months ago#10
I've seen other people say this: as a Direct, it was a bit disappointing, as a Smash Direct, it was very good.

If Nintendo had called it a Smash Direct beforehand, no one would have been expecting too much new stuff and when the Smash segment started, we'd have realized that was the end of other announcements. Instead everyone was like: okay, cool, it's a new game, now get back to other new stuff - and when the Smash talk just went on and on, that was what created the disappointing edge to the whole thing.
Currently Playing: Hyrule Warriors, Steredenn, Runner 3
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo's E3 Direct was ok.
  • Topic Archived