Do you consider using a walkthrough for rpgs cheating?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you consider using a walkthrough for rpgs cheating?

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
4 months ago#31
Nathanmg posted...
TBH though, this debate is all about perspective, to give another example; drugs vs meds.

All meds ARE drugs, however plenty of people will only consider illegal substances to be drugs whilst anything legal (whether OTC or Prescription) will be considered medications.

I get what you're saying but what about legal substances that are only illegal if you don't have a piece of paper saying you can have it? I don't think that metaphor works too well lol

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
4 months ago#32
DarkDemon373 posted...
I get what you're saying but what about legal substances that are only illegal if you don't have a piece of paper saying you can have it? I don't think that metaphor works too well lol

That's my entire point though, people's perspective changes based on the legality, prescription drugs are considered meds (with the piece of paper) but if obtained illegally those very same substances are seen as 'drugs'.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: OmigawdMatt

OmigawdMatt
4 months ago#33
At this point, there are some hidden secrets in games that are almost impossible unless you use a walkthrough. So no, not cheating. Hacking the game beyond its intent is cheating.
PSN: OmigawdMatt

Nathanmg
4 months ago#34
OmigawdMatt posted...
At this point, there are some hidden secrets in games that are almost impossible unless you use a walkthrough. So no, not cheating. Hacking the game beyond its intent is cheating.

Something being too hard to do without cheating doesn't stop cheating being cheating. Hidden secrets are supposed to be . . . . hidden secrets (ie that's the intent).

User Info: Fierce_Deity_08

Fierce_Deity_08
4 months ago#35
Nope, I don’t think it’s cheating. Some games, if you do or say the wrong thing it’ll come back to bite you in the ass later and I hate that. (Looking at you, King’s Quest series!) So I want to know if I insult that dog in front of me now, will it cause the destruction of that town down the road in an hour? (Sounds like fun, actually.)
Official Fierce Deity in my own mind.
GT: OnikaraStar, PSN: Onikara, NNID: OnikaraStar

User Info: bsp77

bsp77
4 months ago#36
Who cares what others think? Getting through a game on your own isn't a badge of honor, you know? If that's how someone gauges their life, that's sad.

However, how is using a walkthrough enjoyable?
Currently playing: Skyrim (Switch), Doom (PS4)

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
4 months ago#37
nah. don't see how knowing ahead of the time is cheating, except in this case, you didn't earn it via playing the game blind the first time.
Here's an idea to make that rabbit harder: give him Gaea Rage. And don't even have the damage: just make it crash the game and delete your saves.

Nathanmg
4 months ago#38
Fierce_Deity_08 posted...
Nope, I don’t think it’s cheating. Some games, if you do or say the wrong thing it’ll come back to bite you in the ass later and I hate that. (Looking at you, King’s Quest series!) So I want to know if I insult that dog in front of me now, will it cause the destruction of that town down the road in an hour? (Sounds like fun, actually.)

That's just your justification for doing it and it IS a valid justification, that doesn't stop it being what it is.

If games wanted you to know what a choice does before choosing it, they'd let you know before doing them.

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
4 months ago#39
My backlog is so immense, I don't consider a walkthrough for ANYTHING to be "cheating".

bsp77 posted...
Who cares what others think?

Um... not you? Which is why this topic was made by someone who DOES care what others think? And not you?

LOL, holy s***... this board...

king_madden posted...
Yep indeedidly doodily

I've been watching so much Simpsons lately... nice.
The difference between me and you? You 'lose' karma... I SPEND it. ^__^
You know when I get modded, that just lets me know you read it... right?

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
4 months ago#40
No. I rather not go through the frustration of dying over and over.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you consider using a walkthrough for rpgs cheating?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived