Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Day One Edition sells out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Day One Edition sells out.

User Info: BHtheBadass

BHtheBadass
4 weeks ago#1
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/318384/Shantae_HalfGenie_Hero_Ultimate_Day_One_Edition_on_Nintendo_Switch_Sells_out_in_Record_Time.php

That's good to hear. Hopefully the money they make for this game can go towards a longer fleshed out Shantae game in the same Metroidvania style of Pirate's Curse.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
4 weeks ago#2
Huh so all 50 copies sold out. Kidding, not bad.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
4 weeks ago#3
Well thank god i pre-ordered my copy then.
Even a 65-million year old dinosaur can't say no to something fun as gaming.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 weeks ago#4
I know one poster who'll be mad about this and try to spin this as something negative ;)
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: BloodPuppetX

BloodPuppetX
4 weeks ago#5
You can still get the Day One edition on Amazon right now (and other retailers). But after those sell out, only the standard edition will be available.
Oh? Who are you, Mr. Bunny? This world is like the real world, but evil has twisted it.

User Info: BHtheBadass

BHtheBadass
4 weeks ago#6
It's cool how the first Shantae game went from being a game very few people owned to now being a series that sells out on shelves with limited editions.

Good for WayForward.

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
4 weeks ago#7
I got it for the Vita from Gamestop just last week.
"Without ever thinking about adding DLC later, I believe that the idea of having everything in one package made it into a truly treasured product."

User Info: GJPrincess

GJPrincess
4 weeks ago#8
BloodPuppetX posted...
You can still get the Day One edition on Amazon right now (and other retailers). But after those sell out, only the standard edition will be available.

Selling out on Day One copies is not a big achievement at all. It doesn't mean anything for the Shantae series at this point.
Fan Base = people under deep obsession, unaware of their insanity.

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
4 weeks ago#9
GJPrincess posted...
BloodPuppetX posted...

Selling out on Day One copies is not a big achievement at all. It doesn't mean anything for the Shantae series at this point.

Considering how often most games get reprinted, this seems to ring true.
"Without ever thinking about adding DLC later, I believe that the idea of having everything in one package made it into a truly treasured product."

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
4 weeks ago#10
BloodPuppetX posted...

Is there even a Standard Edition? I thought physical copies were limited, and the unlimited option was Digital.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Day One Edition sells out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived