Nintendo needs to make powerful hardware or leave the console market

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo needs to make powerful hardware or leave the console market

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
4 months ago#121
SpinoRaptor24 posted...
Mainstream consumers DON'T care about power. It's only the online gaming forum nerds that care about power.

That's why the PS2, Wii and DS sold like hot cakes and demolished their competitors despite there being much stronger systems on the market.

This. Casuals are the majority; Hardcore gamers are in the minority. They don't give a damn what GPU, CPU, etc. is inside of a console.

They care about three things, & three things only: The marketing, the price tag, & the gaming library.

User Info: SpinoRaptor24

SpinoRaptor24
4 months ago#122
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
As I pointed out, there is a limit to HOW much people are willing to sacrifice for power,

Yeah, and? There's a limit to everything people are willing to accept in life. What's your point?

some don't care

No, not just "some" but the MAJORITY of customers don't care. They see a CoD or Fifa game they want, they buy a PS4 or X1 for it. That's it. They don't go online and look up which system has better specs and whatnot. The majority of consumers don't care about that stuff, a fact that's been proven true over and over again. Yes, there are some people who do care about power, but they only make up a minority of the market.

(and shocker, this is a system that's the weakest... do you seriously think there aren't going to be more people here who insist that power doesn't matter... just like there are now people who insist they can't game if it's not portable, on this board? Go see how the PS4 board feels about power or portability) and for many others power IS important.

The market doesn't care about what online gaming forum nerds say or do. It doesn't revolve around gamefaqs or reddit. In fact the best selling games tend to be games that forum dwellers hate (Fifa, CoD, GTAV online)
Currently playing: Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Day 1 DLC, $50 Season Passes

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 months ago#123
You are pretty damn spot on about the consumers Spino
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
4 months ago#124
Shah138 posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
you are bringing up scenarios that would never happen at this point in time, and that is a reason why they were very smart with the Switch, they say this time and time again that people will buy their games based on how you can play them, people just wave it off thinking its just some crappy gimmicks no one cares about but here we are today.

I'm talking about a scenario from the consumers point of view, not whether or not Nintendo would have actually released this thing or whether it was a smart decision. The statement "People just want good games" would mean portability plays little to no part in the decision of buying a certain version of a game, and we know that's not the case. Portability is something independent of game quality and might even make someone look past a drop in quality. Without portability it would probably be powerful hardware that's the important decision if it was at an affordable price point and the games were made equal.

and then you would have to look at it from a logical point of view.

Nintendo clones one of 2 consoles already on the market and has dedicated fanbases for these 2 consoles already established, what reason would people purchase it over the other 2? having the option is very important for some people.
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
"PS3 had a successful launch" Linetrix - 2018

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
4 months ago#125
StickMen1090 posted...

Nintendo clones one of 2 consoles already on the market and has dedicated fanbases for these 2 consoles already established, what reason would people purchase it over the other 2? having the option is very important for some people.

You have actually no idea what I'm talking about, not going to waste my time on this any further.
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
4 months ago#126
Shah138 posted...
StickMen1090 posted...

You have actually no idea what I'm talking about, not going to waste my time on this any further.

bye
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
"PS3 had a successful launch" Linetrix - 2018

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
4 months ago#127
SpinoRaptor24 posted...
Yeah, and? There's a limit to everything people are willing to accept in life. What's your point?

Nice platitude, my point was that people were acting like it was an absolute when the Switch is just barely skirting the surface of acceptable, and it's hurting it's 3rd party support because of it.

There are people on those boards who said they didn't want the Doom version of Switch because of how much weaker the game is on that platform.

No, not just "some" but the MAJORITY of customers don't care.

Please provide proof that the majority don't care. Actual proof, not you rambling like you were in that last post.

The market doesn't care about what online gaming forum nerds say or do.

The only thing that nobody should care what they say or do is you really...
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: SpinoRaptor24

SpinoRaptor24
4 months ago#128
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Nice platitude, my point was that people were acting like it was an absolute when the Switch is just barely skirting the surface of acceptable, and it's hurting it's 3rd party support because of it.

There are people on those boards who said they didn't want the Doom version of Switch because of how much weaker the game is on that platform.

And yet the Switch is outselling the X1X despite it being significantly weaker. If people cared about stronger hardware then the X1X should be the best selling system right now. But guess what? It's dead last. So explain to me why the X1X isn't the best selling system right now.

Please provide proof that the majority don't care. Actual proof, not you rambling like you were in that last post.

The proof is in the numbers themselves. Almost every generation the weaker system tends to outsell its competitors. Examples would be the Gameboy, PS2, Wii, DS, 3DS and now Switch. It's not just consoles but also games. Pokemon sold over 30 million copies on the 3DS despite it running on a 240p screen. PUBG is one of the most popular online games right now despite the visuals looking like crap. You can sit there and try to argue otherwise with flimsy arguments all day long, but the numbers don't lie.

The only thing that nobody should care what they say or do is you really...

"Crap, I've ran out of arguments. Better resort to flinging ad hominems!"
Currently playing: Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Day 1 DLC, $50 Season Passes

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
4 months ago#129
SpinoRaptor24 posted...
And yet the Switch is outselling the X1X despite it being significantly weaker.

Comparing a handheld to a console that has zero Japanese presence and is just the more powerful version of an existing console?

Dude, you cherry picked that so much that you will have jam left over for months.

If people cared about stronger hardware then the X1X should be the best selling system right now. But guess what? It's dead last. So explain to me why the X1X isn't the best selling system right now.

Ah, I see, you have a problem with reading comprehension, that seems to be a running issue here.

As I stated, multiple times, a console is only as good as it's software library. There is a reason the 360 sold but the Xbox One isn't, there is not much worth playing on it, especially not much that you can't also get on a PS4 which has much more software that is not available on the One.

The proof is in the numbers themselves.

In other words, you DON'T have proof.... but let me guess? You will continue to insist, without proof, that "people don't care about power", yeah, that's why the bit wars were never a thing.

The only thing you have proven is you are far too young to even know what you're arguing about.

Almost every generation the weaker system tends to outsell its competitors.

Another failure of reading comprehension since it was pointed out that half the time it was the more powerful console that won.

"Crap, I've ran out of arguments. Better resort to flinging ad hominems!"

Except that they are the truth, not my fault it hurts you so much to hear it. Maybe don't fling lies then insist it's the truth if you can't handle it.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo needs to make powerful hardware or leave the console market

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived