About to buy a Switch, any game recommendations?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. About to buy a Switch, any game recommendations?

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
4 months ago#11
LSSj4Yagami posted...
RPGs? Octopath, I guess, if you don't mind low budget stuff, otherwise nothing besides Xenoblade which is hardly an RPG, more ARPG really, not a true traditionAl RPG

Skyrim should scratch that itch. Best game on Switch.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
4 months ago#12
Thanks for all the suggestions
Woo

User Info: ms555

ms555
4 months ago#13
As a JRPG fan, xenoblade is definitely a great bet for you. Overall, I think the REQUIRED Switch library is pretty unanimous:

Main Games
1. Mario Odyssey (Platformer)
2. Zelda BOTW - (Epic RPG)
3. Mario Kart 8 - (Multiplayer/arcade game)
Honorable Mention - DK Country Tropical Freeze (Sidescroller)

Digital Games
1. Rocket League
2. Golf Story
3. Stardew Valley
Honorable Mention - Celeste

Anything else is just icing ontop. Skyrim, Mario Rabbids, Splatoon, and Bayonetta are certainly all fantastic additions.

Here's my library: Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario Kart, DK, Skyrim, Rabbids, Stardew Valley, Celeste
That's been keeping me busy for practically a year now, and I still got loads to do!

Then there's plenty of confirmed games worth your time. But REALLY the ones you should focus on are...

1. Smash Bros Switch
2. Captain Toad
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Lumines

I'm gonna say AVOID the PS4/Xbox One ports like Wolfenstein and Doom. Honestly, while they're okay, they don't run nearly as well on Switch, that's just the facts. We'll have to see about Dark Souls...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. About to buy a Switch, any game recommendations?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived