About to buy a Switch, any game recommendations?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. About to buy a Switch, any game recommendations?

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
4 months ago#1
Also, should I get the grey Joy Con or the red and blue Joy Con controllers?

So what games are good? I want something with some sort of online multiplayer.

I'm excited about Octopath Traveler this July and Smash Bros will it gets release dated, if these 2 game genres help in any way.

I plan on getting the Naruto Triology game once I buy a Switch.

I like RPGS, especially JRPGS and Strategy

I also think BoTW looks fantastic, but I already know the whole plot, I think. Should I still buy it?

What about Mario Odyssey? Not a fan of Mario but I loved Galaxy games when they were released as my younger self. If it's like Galaxy I may get it a shot

Also, I am going to try to go full digital. Any Micro SD card suggestions and size to get? And what kind is "trusted" with Nintendo?

Thanks in advance
Woo

User Info: Claris12

Claris12
4 months ago#2
xenoblade 2 my boy
most wanted games: Ys VIII, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Octopath Traveler

User Info: batman404

batman404
4 months ago#3
Splatoon 2 sounds like what you're after. Great game.
"Gotham City... always brings a smile to my face."

User Info: spewman

spewman
4 months ago#4
Mario odyssey is nothing like galaxy. Odyssey is a sandbox exploration game with very little platforming.

Any brand name uhs 1 micro sd card will do. I suggest 200gb sandisk. The one I got has a lifetime warranty.

User Info: ChristianWalker

ChristianWalker
4 months ago#5
yeah get the biggest micro SD you can afford. I'd also recommend Mario Kart 8D since the online in that is very addictive. And BOTW story is bad...you only play it for the gameplay. So if the gameplay looks good to you just go for it, I recommend it.
I <3 Brands and IPs that you've probably heard of

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 months ago#6
SamBamBamz posted...
Also, should I get the grey Joy Con or the red and blue Joy Con controllers?

I bought the one with gray joy cons because it was the only one in stock when I bought my Switch. They look so plain compared to the pink/green joy cons I have now. Go with red/blue. The splash of color is a nice touch.
Now Playing: Fire Emblem Fates (3DS), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch), Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One)

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
4 months ago#7
Xeno
Mario+Rabbids (Gold Edition is on sale on the eShop)

If you've played multiple Ubisoft open world games, avoid BotW. Same s***, different textures.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

User Info: LSSj4Yagami

LSSj4Yagami
4 months ago#8
RPGs? Octopath, I guess, if you don't mind low budget stuff, otherwise nothing besides Xenoblade which is hardly an RPG, more ARPG really, not a true tradition RPG.

Skip BotW and get SMO. Maybe Kirby if you don't mind that it's a mediocre entry in the series. That's about it for now if you want anything exclusive that isn't indie.

User Info: Kungfu_Hero

Kungfu_Hero
4 months ago#9
I highly recommend Breath of the Wild (it doesn’t matter if you know the story) and Splatoon 2 (my favorite Nintendo game on the Switch; great for online).

For rpgs, do you like Disgaea? Disgaea 5 is a strategy rpg, but it’s awesome. For more traditional rpgs, I’m waiting on Shin Megami Tensei 5 and Dragon Quest 12.

For action, my two favorites are Bayonetta and Doom.

Other games I recommend are...

Rayman Legends
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8
ARMS (try the demo)

Don’t forget the eshop...

Shovel Knight
Sonic Mania
Fast RMX
Furi
Immortal Redneck
The Neo Geo games (Metal Slug 3, Blazing Star, Magical Drop 3, Garou, KoF, etc)
The Psikyo games (Strikers 1945 II, Gunbird, Tengai, etc)
Favorites: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear Xrd, Mega Man X, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Bayonetta, DoDonPachi, Final Fantasy VI, Fire Emblem (GBA)

User Info: Chico86_basic

Chico86_basic
4 months ago#10
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Splatoon 2
*********Pokemon Trainer Info**********
IGN: Francisco FC: 1993-8440-4343
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. About to buy a Switch, any game recommendations?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived