Labo was overhyped.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Labo was overhyped.

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
1 month ago#41
Jaime_Benn posted...
What hype are you even talking about?

Ask @NotKarmicDragon
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: Another World

Another World
1 month ago#42
doutforharambe posted...
Yeah, that’s not what i remember. People were laughing at it. Few people cared or defended it.

Pretty much what I remember too. Low expectations but some people thought maybe building it would be fun with kids.
It's just Another Day in Another World.

User Info: LuxHeart

LuxHeart
1 month ago#43
Y'all need to learn the definition of overhyped. Most people didn't care for Labo and some wanted it to fail. Just because 10 people really wanted this to win, doesn't mean that it's overhyped. Especially when 90% of Nintendo's fanbase don't care and like 9% actively wanted it to fail.

LuxHeart
1 month ago#44
NewDumDum posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
doutforharambe posted...
Yeah, that’s not what i remember. People were laughing at it. Few people cared or defended it.

He's just trolling.

Goddamn this board and it's f***ing double standards.

Any sort of tiny hint of salt of criticism = TROLLING!1!1!1!1!1

You're the one with the double standards.

A few people defending it = OVERHYPED!!!1!!1

LuxHeart
1 month ago#45
CranberryPSO posted...
I appreciated what Labo was trying to be. It was intended to be a means of introducing a younger generation to the concepts of engineering and programming. Labo got a real negative knee-jerk reaction by people that didn't understand what it actually was.

If you buy Labo, dad builds the item, hands it to his kids and they play with it for a while and then it gets put away, you really, really, missed the point. The idea was not to hand kids a new toy and have them play a game for 20 minutes. The idea was to show them how to do the construction, and use the software tools included to add new behaviors and functionality to what you've made. It's a programming aid, and that was really the intent. To garner interest in this in a new generation.

I feel like Labo would function better in a structured educational environment than as a take-home product. Too many people didn't understand what it was and how it was meant to be used for it to function well as an at-home product.

I agree. The problem with Nintendo is that they're marketing it as something at home for the kids. Parents that do buy it, will end up making it and their kid plays with it for like an hour at the most and it's gone. People that buy it will be excited when they see Ariana Grande singing with a band, but constructing it is a different monster.

I think they should pitch it to schools, libraries, youth programs, and camps. For the piano (music), constructing (think woodshop class), and the garage (coding and programming classes/after school programs/camps). The only hurdle they'll have to hop over then is justifying the price. Though schools buy Apple, so just market it as a premium system. Sell it cheaper if they buy in bulk. That's the best chance this has at succeeding.

User Info: lycoszero

lycoszero
1 month ago#46
Gamefaqs were quite negative when this was announced however other gaming boards were hyping this to death, saying it's the next Nintendogs and it'll fly off the shelves.

Although it's a bit early but it seems to have underperformed. Maybe it'll pick up during the holidays.

User Info: characterz3ro

characterz3ro
1 month ago#47
Lolabo. Even the weebs couldn't defend it. $80 shovelware with a side of cardboard, gtfo with that s***.
It's only the beta!

User Info: characterz3ro

characterz3ro
1 month ago#48
LuxHeart posted...
CranberryPSO posted...
I appreciated what Labo was trying to be. It was intended to be a means of introducing a younger generation to the concepts of engineering and programming. Labo got a real negative knee-jerk reaction by people that didn't understand what it actually was.

If you buy Labo, dad builds the item, hands it to his kids and they play with it for a while and then it gets put away, you really, really, missed the point. The idea was not to hand kids a new toy and have them play a game for 20 minutes. The idea was to show them how to do the construction, and use the software tools included to add new behaviors and functionality to what you've made. It's a programming aid, and that was really the intent. To garner interest in this in a new generation.

I feel like Labo would function better in a structured educational environment than as a take-home product. Too many people didn't understand what it was and how it was meant to be used for it to function well as an at-home product.

I agree. The problem with Nintendo is that they're marketing it as something at home for the kids. Parents that do buy it, will end up making it and their kid plays with it for like an hour at the most and it's gone. People that buy it will be excited when they see Ariana Grande singing with a band, but constructing it is a different monster.

I think they should pitch it to schools, libraries, youth programs, and camps. For the piano (music), constructing (think woodshop class), and the garage (coding and programming classes/after school programs/camps). The only hurdle they'll have to hop over then is justifying the price. Though schools buy Apple, so just market it as a premium system. Sell it cheaper if they buy in bulk. That's the best chance this has at succeeding.

Ya one labo kit for 75 kids in a summer camp is a great idea....it would be broken in five minutes and someone would cry when then didn't get a turn. It's a s*** product.
It's only the beta!

User Info: SpinoRaptor24

SpinoRaptor24
1 month ago#49
It's hard to get excited over cardboard. The thing just completely fell off the map a week after its release.
Currently playing: Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Day 1 DLC, $50 Season Passes

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
1 month ago#50
NewDumDum posted...
I remember when it was announced, everyone was like "OMG It's such genius! Nintendo is so innovative!" And "Who knew they would be selling us cardboard??!!" And all those memes emerged.

Then it came out last month, had a few last moments of publicity, and now I barely hear anyone talk about it anymore. What happened?

Other than die hard Nintendo fan boys I don't remember this reaction.

Most of the reactions I saw were...

This is stupid.

This isn't for me.

I hope this fails.

LOL.

And various memes and fan art about how funny Labo was conceptually.

But not a whole lot of people actually thinking it was a legitimate great idea or excited about buying one.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Labo was overhyped.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived