Labo was overhyped.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Labo was overhyped.

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
1 month ago#31
uberking422 posted...
It was more “nega-hyped” by trolls who proclaimed it would singlehandedly undo every bit of success Nintendo saw over the last year, instead of, at worst, being an underwhelming side project.

Sonico80085 posted...
I'm glad it failed. Nintendo needs to learn that they can no longer rely on children and fickle casual audiences. They targeted core gamers like us in 2017 and we got them to the place they are now. This year they want to squander all the good will.

Case in point.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 month ago#32
CranberryPSO posted...
I appreciated what Labo was trying to be. It was intended to be a means of introducing a younger generation to the concepts of engineering and programming. Labo got a real negative knee-jerk reaction by people that didn't understand what it actually was.

If you buy Labo, dad builds the item, hands it to his kids and they play with it for a while and then it gets put away, you really, really, missed the point. The idea was not to hand kids a new toy and have them play a game for 20 minutes. The idea was to show them how to do the construction, and use the software tools included to add new behaviors and functionality to what you've made. It's a programming aid, and that was really the intent. To garner interest in this in a new generation.

I feel like Labo would function better in a structured educational environment than as a take-home product. Too many people didn't understand what it was and how it was meant to be used for it to function well as an at-home product.

Well said.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi

User Info: deoxysiguess

deoxysiguess
4 weeks ago#33
NewDumDum posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
doutforharambe posted...
Yeah, that’s not what i remember. People were laughing at it. Few people cared or defended it.

He's just trolling.

Goddamn this board and it's f***ing double standards.

Any sort of tiny hint of salt of criticism = TROLLING!1!1!1!1!1

I know, right? I made a topic where I said I was happy that Labo wasn't doing so well, but gave actual reasoning. I was modded for trolling and they said it was "bait and switch."
Within the Void, there lurks...a Soul!
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
(message deleted)

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
4 weeks ago#35
NewDumDum posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
doutforharambe posted...
Yeah, that’s not what i remember. People were laughing at it. Few people cared or defended it.

He's just trolling.

Goddamn this board and it's f***ing double standards.

Any sort of tiny hint of salt of criticism = TROLLING!1!1!1!1!1

I mean the same thing happened for Udraw do you remember?
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 weeks ago#36
Interest died fast enough
https://www.twitter.com/E1ectricMo1e
https://archiverse.guide/users/e1ectr1cmo1e

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
4 weeks ago#37
NewDumDum posted...
Then it came out last month, had a few last moments of publicity, and now I barely hear anyone talk about it anymore. What happened?

That's just kinda how it works for everything. There's not all that much that people will talk about indefinitely.

User Info: elephvant

elephvant
4 weeks ago#38
NewDumDum posted...
What happened?

What happened was you got a serious bump on the head and mis-remembered everything you read about Labo pre-release.
Currently Playing: Tropical Freeze, Skyrim, Gunbird

User Info: Blorfenburger

Blorfenburger
4 weeks ago#39
I stillchave no immediate plans to buy it but I happened to be at my gamestop when their nintendo rep came in to show it off. A little better than I thought. And also worse.
Still barely had any idea how the game and card board was being handled. I was surprised to hear that the variety and robo kit are separate games. So thats 150 plus plenty tax for both. Hell no.
To anyone that defends labo yes I know most of the cost is the game itself
I use inverted controls. Also I hate fandoms.
If you see a woman and you think she's thicc, she's probably not thicc.

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
4 weeks ago#40
DUBTuner posted...
Wasn't it on Jimmy Fallon's just a couple of nights ago?

... ... ... ... ... AND?
"This console is 'competing' with the others... just don't compare the features this one doesn't have!" -- Insecurity at its finest
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Labo was overhyped.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived