Labo was overhyped.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Labo was overhyped.

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
3 months ago#11
I would have liked the idea more if there was a greater emphasis on recycling home cardboard and other materials than 'you need to buy this $60-$80 box of stuff'.
Protest the protests! We need less division, not more.
People sleep peacefully... only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier

User Info: duderdude3

duderdude3
3 months ago#12
It's a toy. For kids. Of course you're not going to be hearing about it from the usual circles. It also won't have the same front-loaded trajectory that a game would normally have

User Info: sh1234

sh1234
3 months ago#13
NewDumDum posted...
doutforharambe posted...
Yeah, that’s not what i remember. People were laughing at it. Few people cared or defended it.

Nah. I remember outlets like Andre Segers of GameXplain claiming it was this amazing invention or something. Then there were like a few GX vids on it, and now nothing. I know GX doesn't represent the entire fanbase...but

Well they generally tend to look at new stuff so why would they have done more?

User Info: duderdude3

duderdude3
3 months ago#14
sh1234 posted...
NewDumDum posted...
doutforharambe posted...
Yeah, that’s not what i remember. People were laughing at it. Few people cared or defended it.

Nah. I remember outlets like Andre Segers of GameXplain claiming it was this amazing invention or something. Then there were like a few GX vids on it, and now nothing. I know GX doesn't represent the entire fanbase...but

Well they generally tend to look at new stuff so why would they have done more?

Yeah that's how it is with almost everything they cover. Once a game comes out, there's not much more for them to do with it.

User Info: deoxysiguess

deoxysiguess
3 months ago#15
I'm happy it failed, not because it was a bad idea in and of it itself well... not totally because of that but because it was a gateway to the Wii, with a thousand peripherals, and other accessory s*** that no-one cares about.
Within the Void, there lurks...a Soul!
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

User Info: SquallAlmasy

SquallAlmasy
3 months ago#16
MannyCav posted...
I would have liked the idea more if there was a greater emphasis on recycling home cardboard and other materials than 'you need to buy this $60-$80 box of stuff'.

They should release a Labo Toy-Con Garage only version.
This pain's nothing... compared to what he's given up. - Edward (Full Metal Alchemist)

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 months ago#17
Uhh..... how was the product that was widely mocked overhyped?
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
3 months ago#18
Wasn't it on Jimmy Fallon's just a couple of nights ago?

User Info: Jaime_Benn

Jaime_Benn
3 months ago#19
What hype are you even talking about?

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
3 months ago#20
Dunno about hype, but i think it has a lot of untapped potential. I’m curious if it going on one of the most popular late night shows - with many viewers being parents - will give it a boost. I know my son and I have enjoyed building and playing with the RC car and motorcycle.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Labo was overhyped.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived