Are you ok with 60 dollar remasters from here on out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are you ok with 60 dollar remasters from here on out?

User Info: ThaPrinceRaziel

ThaPrinceRaziel
5 months ago#1
Are you fine with full retail price, no matter the improvements or age? - Results (210 votes)
Yep.
40.48% (85 votes)
Nope.
59.52% (125 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now that Nintendo really hasn't gotten backlash from their fan base over DK, should they take that as a go ahead to release all remasters and last gen ports at full price from here on out? And why are you ok/not ok with that.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 months ago#2
Depends on what is added to them
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: NintendoLover25

NintendoLover25
5 months ago#3
The price is no concern of mine. If I have the original game I'm not buying again, but if I don't have it then the $60 price tag won't deter me.
(message deleted)

User Info: RasterGraphic

RasterGraphic
5 months ago#5
Whenever a new medium pops for music or film, you always have old stuff rereleased on it.
I don't see a problem with games doing the same.
"But you never got to see my Chaup au Fan!"
"You keep your chappy thong to yourself, Mister!"

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
5 months ago#6
Nope, that's ridiculous. A port/remaster should not cost the price of a full game.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
5 months ago#7
I wasn't okay with them to begin with.

I wasn't okay with Twilight Princess HD being an ultra lazy texture change with no models being remade, which is basically the lowest level of game modding.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 months ago#8
MrAntike184 posted...
8 people are morons so far.

It’s okay when Nintendo does it!

Gotta love this level of trolling
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
5 months ago#9
I'm not at all okay with it, I hate that Nintendo does this (and they really shouldn't be doing this, no one else really does this) but I'll still pay it if it's something I want bad enough. It stings a lot less with something like Hyrule Warriors (I preordered that!), as that had a lot of DLC and two versions, and they're including everything with it. Sort of the same deal with Mario Kart 8. With DKTF, I want it, but there's no way in hell I could justify it until the price comes down.

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
5 months ago#10
Tropical Freeze does not have enough content to justify costing full price. I wish Nintendo bundled it with Returns.

Hyrule Warriors Switch does. It has all of its DLC and 3DS version content. You will be paying more money if you planned on buying Wii U and 3DS + each other's DLC.
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are you ok with 60 dollar remasters from here on out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived