Genwunners are the reason Pokemon won't be better.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Genwunners are the reason Pokemon won't be better.

User Info: Andros-2K7

Andros-2K7
5 months ago#1
If Pokemon Switch is exactly what the rumours suggest and it's a reiteration of Kanto then that's bad. Of course genwunners will gobble it all up because of their undying love for Kanto but all it does is show Gamefreak you'll swallow anything Kanto related in a heartbeat and guess what? They'll continue to shove it down our throats because you'll always take it because "Omg Kanto". That leaves the other real Pokemon fans with a bad taste in their mouth who actually wants something fresh and new, a new experience, not Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Team Rocket and Red and Blue all over again and again. For the future of Pokemon let's just keep our fingers crossed that it has nothing to do with Kanto.
Favourite JRPG's: The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Arc Rise Fantasia.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
5 months ago#2
I can accept if it has something to do with Kanto IF it includes new Mons (and obviously the ones from gens 2 to 7).
And obviously it has to be a heavily changed Kanto.
So I'll still wait and see what they reveal.
I can tolerate visiting the same region again if it has been changed a lot and improved.

User Info: At_Witts_End

At_Witts_End
5 months ago#3
I'm sure we'll get TONS of newer Pokemon.
Official Ludwig von Koopa of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Board!
FC: 4584-9593-4015

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
5 months ago#4
No. The fans are the reason GameFreak is lazy. The fans have shown that they don't care what GameFreak does regarding quality, they buy it anyway. What company is going to innovate if they don't have to? They make millions off minimal effort.

User Info: ikki5

ikki5
5 months ago#5
Curious, if it does show to be Kanto... how exactly does that make the game worse? What is honestly wrong with using the already large world they have already created?
All signatures are offensive!

User Info: Jayvir

Jayvir
5 months ago#6
Wasn't aware that the location alone was cause to make a bad game. Mario has been in the Mushroom Kingdom for how many years?
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS4, a Switch, a 3DS, a Vita and a gaming PC. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!

User Info: metroidman18

metroidman18
5 months ago#7
Reverted_Pikkon posted...
No. The fans are the reason GameFreak is lazy. The fans have shown that they don't care what GameFreak does regarding quality, they buy it anyway. What company is going to innovate if they don't have to? They make millions off minimal effort.

This.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
0209837474242048207224841211641268813573927. Add me plz

User Info: SomeBlindGuy

SomeBlindGuy
5 months ago#8
ikki5 posted...
Curious, if it does show to be Kanto... how exactly does that make the game worse? What is honestly wrong with using the already large world they have already created?

It doesn't, people just think it'll be Gen 1 Kanto again for whatever reason, even though if it was Kanto again they would probably change the areas, towns, geography, Pokemon, etc, just like they did in Gen 2 so long ago.
I'm told I'm a good cartoonist, anything you want me to draw for you?

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
5 months ago#9
Cry more to your mom kid. She is a Genwunner.
Currently Playing : God of War and BattleTech

User Info: patkelly929

patkelly929
5 months ago#10
ikki5 posted...

The people who have been consistently playing the game for 20 years want a new region. Kanto is small, never told an interesting story, and hasn't had any major changes in the times we've been there. The Sun/Moon and X/Y catered so much to the crowd in the forms of Alolans, Megas (Charizard and Mewtwo getting two each), reuse of the Viridian Forest, another "Diglett's Cave" location, and plenty of other favoritism.

We may not have gone to Kanto since HeartGold/SoulSilver, but they haven't stopped shoving it in our faces.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5371-8850 PM me to get added.
Nintendo ID & PSN: ThePatKelly, XBL: The Pat Kelly
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Genwunners are the reason Pokemon won't be better.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived