really? People are disappointed in the Star Fox Racing game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. really? People are disappointed in the Star Fox Racing game?

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
3 months ago#41
They said it would be similar to Diddy Kong Racing, if that is true then its a day 1 buy for me.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX
3 months ago#42
I just hope I can be THE GREAT LEON!
XBL/PSN/Network ID: GrimmTrixX
Now playing: Fallout 4 (Xbox One)/Dying Light (Xbox One)

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
3 months ago#43
WonkyKong posted...
Tell me, in what way is this ever going to sell.
This board told me that F-Zero doesnt sell, that nobody likes future racers.
Star fox Zero showed us that the Star Fox IP is weak as hell, that game had some of the worst sales ever. (Worse than F-Zero GX)
Who is going to want to buy it?

A game with mixed reviews on the worst selling Nintendo console, is not the best indicator.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: FoBiA

FoBiA
3 months ago#44
Nintendo already has two racing franchises with Mariokart and F-Zero. We don't need a third. I don't get why they don't just do a "normal" Star Fox game, like SF64.
"So who is FoBiA, really?" - CJayC

User Info: daniel1232323

daniel1232323
3 months ago#45
A starfox racing game makes a lot sense. It's already an on rails shooter, so why not have it be an on rails racing game? Specially if they make it like diddy Kong racing where there are bosses and other challenges.

Being made by retro I'd say it sounds like it has great potential for a star fox game.
you want mother 3 in america? don't you know? it doesn't exist.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
3 months ago#46
aux posted...
I'd rather have a real Star Fox game to be honest.

This

Keep f zero for racers... starfox is arcade action. This could be a good game if they stay faithful, play their cards right... but it can also be federation force
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: jrayolson

jrayolson
3 months ago#47
Why not F zero? Nintendo already has a futuristic racer.
Welcome to the land of whiners and trolls. If you are mature and show respect, you're on the wrong site.

User Info: amerk

amerk
3 months ago#48
They've done this with Mario since forever, beginning with Donkey Kong and Mario Bros at the arcades and Atari, to the Mario Paint / Party / Time games on NES / SNES, and then popularized even further with SMB RPG and Mario Kart for SNES.

Even Donkey Kong expanded to be added to Mario Kart games and to have their own platform adventures.

I suppose Mario has always been an odd-ball game, but Nintendo has never had issues with testing the waters when it comes to mixing up the pot: Zelda, Metroid, and Final Fantasy references were added to SMB RPG, Bomberman has grown quite considerably from its original style, Zelda has gone through so many variations, so why not other games?

At least it's something different than Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Zelda, and Metroid. Maybe give it a chance and see how it performs before automatically writing it off.

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
3 months ago#49
GoneGamer posted...
This could be great in actuality. Depends on how much depth there is.

But assuming Retro is taking the helm, this could very well pull the Star Fox series out of the s***hole that Star Fox Zero plunged it into.

they wanted a Mass Effect like Star Fox RPG
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 NID:TheChoujinVirus
Switch FC: SW-5068-7679-1687

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 months ago#50
Considering how many people want F-Zero as their futuristic racing game of choice and would rather have a new Star Fox that doesn't reboot the Andross story yet again or have a terrible control scheme gimmick shoved down their throats.....

No s*** people don't want it to be real. It'd generate Federation Force levels of backlash from two different fanbases. (Although I'd think there's a good amount of spillover. Because I for one fall under both of the above categories.)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. really? People are disappointed in the Star Fox Racing game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived