• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. thinkin this NESflix deal is gonna be a streamin service

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
6 months ago#31
Thinking wrong TC.
"Name calling is not allowed at all." - Mods that allow name calling...
Pony is classed as flaming. Drone isn't. Double standard confirmed.

User Info: spewman

spewman
6 months ago#32
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
. plus, if u "pass a controller" to a friend n u share a screen... how can that work if it's NOT streamed?

The same way I guess any online game normally works. Spectating mario kart doesn't stream either. Your copy of the game just needs to be told what is happening.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
6 months ago#33
It would be some high tier bulls*** if you have to pay a monthly fee to stream games that are KB's in size and if it were successful would really show you how much people have gotten accustomed to/are just a-ok with paying monthly fees to rent things rather than actually own them.

I have 680 NES games. Want to know how big they are COMBINED? 139mb.

And 711 SNES games are 953mb total.

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
6 months ago#34
xoftheuniverse posted...
What I think they will do is have a mandatory check in system of some sort that makes sure you're still subscribed every so often and if it detects the subscription cancelled it locks the games.

They don't need to check in all the time. When you buy the subscription, it should give you the expiration date. The games will work offline until that date. If you change the date/time for any reason, the games will refuse to load until you go online and verify that the subscription hasn't expired yet. No need for a check every X number of days.
Now Playing: Fire Emblem Fates (3DS), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch), Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One)

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
6 months ago#35
spewman posted...
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
. plus, if u "pass a controller" to a friend n u share a screen... how can that work if it's NOT streamed?

The same way I guess any online game normally works. Spectating mario kart doesn't stream either. Your copy of the game just needs to be told what is happening.

Hm that's a good point, lotta games got spectator modes
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. thinkin this NESflix deal is gonna be a streamin service
  • Topic Archived