Scan line bug on Samsung 4K tv

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Scan line bug on Samsung 4K tv

User Info: Kira-belmontx

Kira-belmontx
3 months ago#11
Dunno about Samsung being garbage, used a Samsung plasma for about 4-5 years no screen tearing... Bought a new 4k HDR Samsung's and no issues.. not on my switch xb1 Wii u PS4 pstv

User Info: AncientRomeBC

AncientRomeBC
3 months ago#12
Sonic23004 posted...
This is going to be tough to describe, but I’ll do my best.

Basically, when playing Switch games docked, occasionally there will be a very visible scan line/screen tear that slowly moves down the screen. It’s a clear distortion — the line clearly displaces objects as it moves.

I’ve noticed this in both Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Bayonetta, so I don’t think it’s limited to one game. I can’t really figure out what triggers it, but I’ve never noticed it in handheld mode or on my old Vizio 1080p tv. (Maybe it does happen though — I can only confirm it on the 4K tv.)

The 4K tv is in game mode, and the Switch is outputting at 1080p. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? It’s a minor problem, but I’d like to figure out if it’s coming from the Switch or the tv.

This happens on my Samsung 4K though it's not frequent
Nintendo Switch = 2920-6179-2315
Ancient Astronaut Theorist

User Info: JRiggsIV

JRiggsIV
3 months ago#13
Sonic23004 posted...

Basically, when playing Switch games docked, occasionally there will be a very visible scan line/screen tear that slowly moves down the screen. It’s a clear distortion — the line clearly displaces objects as it moves.

I’ve noticed this in both Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Bayonetta, so I don’t think it’s limited to one game. I can’t really figure out what triggers it, but I’ve never noticed it in handheld mode or on my old Vizio 1080p tv. (Maybe it does happen though — I can only confirm it on the 4K tv.)

The 4K tv is in game mode, and the Switch is outputting at 1080p. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? It’s a minor problem, but I’d like to figure out if it’s coming from the Switch or the tv.

Sonic23004 posted...

Time to contact Samsung and Nintendo via phone and/or chat...
Before asking general questions..call Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, or etc..They have team members..who specialize in areas of your concerns to better assist you..
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Scan line bug on Samsung 4K tv

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived