The "hack" will not kill the switch; Nintendo will

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The "hack" will not kill the switch; Nintendo will

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
4 weeks ago#1
It's not actually a hack. It's just like putting a magnet on the ds/3ds to force it to load the bios instead of the os.

But this will not break into switch game sales, it will be used for people looking to use their switch to play pirated gc/wii/wii u games along with retro games. People looking to play stuff you can't get on the switch at all.

What will destroy the switch is nintendo's oppressive fear over piracy. Bricking systems on purpose, looking at their customers as an enemy to be milked and disregarded.

They don't have much confidence in their system going by the drought and their shying away from providing bigger cards; so they don't see the problem with screwing you over.

Was a good year before N's ego got in their own way.
--- Remove the cancer, take back your souls ---
Want a chill, friendly Monster Hunter World guild? Join World Hunters Entertainment https://discord.gg/ZRE6wmc

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 weeks ago#2
Sham topic.
Treat trolls how they treat you. They hate it and that's hilarious.
Pony is classed as flaming. Drone isn't. Double standard confirmed.

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
4 weeks ago#3
Do you at least get paid for this?
--- Remove the cancer, take back your souls ---
Want a chill, friendly Monster Hunter World guild? Join World Hunters Entertainment https://discord.gg/ZRE6wmc

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
4 weeks ago#4
shamfuru posted...
What will destroy the switch is nintendo's oppressive fear over piracy

Wouldn't be the first time they shot themselves in the foot over piracy.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
4 weeks ago#5
shamfuru posted...
It's just like putting a magnet on the ds/3ds to force it to load the bios instead of the os.

https://i.imgur.com/qGhiEIe.gif

What will destroy the switch is nintendo's oppressive fear over piracy. Bricking systems on purpose, looking at their customers as an enemy to be milked and disregarded.

Nintendo will not and cannot brick systems on purpose, that is very illegal and would cause both a PR and legal s***storm.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: amadeofan1

amadeofan1
4 weeks ago#6
shamfuru posted...
Do you at least get paid for this?

Let me guess his reply!

“Do you?”
Putting someone on your ignore list is the gamefaqs equivalent of taking your ball and going home

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
4 weeks ago#7
NintendoGamer83 posted...
Sham topic.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
4 weeks ago#8
People are really getting tired aren't they?

Just a little more than a month and then we'll see the rest of the ports that Nintendo has planned for this year, so your attention can shift away from something like this.
The Athletic theme music from Super Mario Bros 3. is the greatest retro track of all time, and possibilty the best 2D platforming track.

User Info: Nertak

Nertak
4 weeks ago#9
As far as I can tell people will be able to use this to get free Switch games. So, games that they would have bought they will now pirate.

While this might not "kill" the Switch it will certainly have a negative effect on it.
Try my levels. They expect you to know how to play but are designed to be fair
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Nertak

User Info: INTERWEBUSER

INTERWEBUSER
4 weeks ago#10
3rd parties will abandon Switch in droves.
PlayStation: Greatness Awaits
Console of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The "hack" will not kill the switch; Nintendo will

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived