• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. eShop says Wolfenstein II is 13.7 GB. It can fit on a cart
Questionmarktarius 7 months ago#51
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Sony saw this and marketed the PS1 as a system for teens and adults, they didn't make the market grow, it was already growing, but they saw the trend that while new gamers were still appearing, old gamers were still gamers too and didn't "grow out of" it. They helped I admit, but they didn't cause it to happen, they just saw the trend and others were not capitalizing on and marketed it.

See also: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/06/06/the-sucking-origins

User Info: RasterGraphic

RasterGraphic
7 months ago#52
xF0x posted...
What was the point of even making those 16GB cards if they aren't using them anyway? How do they decide which games deserve it?

I'm thinking maybe Skyrim and Doom didn't meet sales exceptions, but I can't say for sure.
16 isn't even the largest cart, there are also 32GB carts but I don't think those are used at all.

I understand why Nintendo put out variable cart sizes, but the way they handled it was pretty dumb. The publishers shouldn't have a choice in the matter and perhaps all releases should have same the production cost ... but that's problematic on it's own as it would strongly discourage smaller releases.

Really, Nintendo just needs to tighten up their licensing standards. It's something they've needed to do since the Wii.
"But you never got to see my Chaup au Fan!"
"You keep your chappy thong to yourself, Mister!"

User Info: SSJ4CHRIS

SSJ4CHRIS
7 months ago#53
Yeah, it's Bethesda's fault Nintendo made 8gb carts and make the developers eat the cost. S***-tier Nintendo going back to their N64/Gamecube days of proprietary media that they force developers to overpay to use.
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
7 months ago#54
dunnyrega posted...
edit: what about FF14, all 3 expansions have to be fully downloaded plus base game to even be able to boot the game up.

Lol
currently playing FC5, ni no kuni 2, mlb the show 18

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
7 months ago#55
AkumaBison posted...
I don't blame them for cheaping out. I don't think Switch owners are interested in this full priced 3 hour long FPS game.

they were interested in a full price 3 hour long platformer game

it too ran at 30fps and was worse than it's predecessor
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: RasterGraphic

RasterGraphic
7 months ago#56
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Yeah, it's Bethesda's fault Nintendo made 8gb carts and make the developers eat the cost. S***-tier Nintendo going back to their N64/Gamecube days of proprietary media that they force developers to overpay to use.

If you're counting the GC as proprietary, then I don't think there is a single Nintendo console that used non-proprietary media. GC discs, Wii Discs, and Wii U discs were Mini DVDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays respectively. In all but name and some other details (not actually sure what they were, filesystem if I were to hazard a guess) because Nintendo didn't want to pay the licensing fee to use the standards.
"But you never got to see my Chaup au Fan!"
"You keep your chappy thong to yourself, Mister!"

User Info: ncb1397

ncb1397
7 months ago#57
TheBest69 posted...
kumorixLoveless posted...
Something about cheaper cards at lower capacitie

Peh, wow. And that's exactly the reason why I won't be buying "big" third party titles for my Switch. I'll stick to my PS4 for that. Not only do you get the inferior version (nobody can deny that, right? Graphically and technically worse)

Probably should stay away from the PS4 version as well then. Technically and Graphically worse than PC and if you want physical, technically and graphically worse than the Xbox One version.

User Info: Rogue_Battousai

Rogue_Battousai
7 months ago#58
Let's wait and see what happens.
The file size isn't confirmed.

Maybe the full game is on the cart if it was that size?
And the warning label about downloading additional content was a misprint?
It happen before.
Remember Lego City?

I'm getting digital anyway.
"I want to eat you for dinner."

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
7 months ago#59
Maybe it doesn't include online multiplayer
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: Rogue_Battousai

Rogue_Battousai
7 months ago#60
Arcanine2009 posted...
Maybe it doesn't include online multiplayer

This game is single player.
"I want to eat you for dinner."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. eShop says Wolfenstein II is 13.7 GB. It can fit on a cart
  • Topic Archived