eShop says Wolfenstein II is 13.7 GB. It can fit on a cart

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. eShop says Wolfenstein II is 13.7 GB. It can fit on a cart

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
3 months ago#41
dunnyrega posted...
edit: what about FF14, all 3 expansions have to be fully downloaded plus base game to even be able to boot the game up.

Is this not an MMO and therefore requires the player to have all content downloaded so they can be synchronized with other players?
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: RasterGraphic

RasterGraphic
3 months ago#42
TheBest69 posted...

Wat? Don't know what games you play but all the ones I have worked right out of the gate without internet. Yes. there is the usual "Day One" patch but I never had a game where I actually had to download the rest of the game. PS4 gobbled up the bluray, installed it and done, playable.

IIRC the guy has been corrected on this several times. He's screwing with you.

DuranmanX4 posted...
In the way shovelware publishers supported the Wii.

At least the Wii was the best selling Nintendo console

I wouldn't be so quick to say the Wii's success was due to shovelware.
It was more like the Wii was selling assloads already and Nintendo was basically allowing publishers to do whatever. Kind of like with these releases.

Data Design, the company behind a lot of Wii shovelware tried to get their PS2 shovelware published in the US and Sony Of America told them no. The PS2 was the Wii of it's respective gen (sales wise), the difference is that it commanded respect.

The Wii sold well because motion controls were new and interesting and captured the public's imagination.
"But you never got to see my Chaup au Fan!"
"You keep your chappy thong to yourself, Mister!"

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
3 months ago#43
The PS2 was the Wii of the previous gen, the difference is that it commanded respect.

The PS2 probably had more shovelware than the Wii

The Wii sold well because motion controls were new and interesting and captured the public's imagination.

The NES was much more innovative and had no competition, and it didn't do nearly as much as the Wii

Hell, the SNES and Mega Drive combined don't outsell the Wii
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#44
DuranmanX4 posted...

I would have to disagree. The thing is that unlike the PS2 era where all three consoles were competing with each other, the Wii was kinda doing it's own thing and letting the other two compete. This meant that most people had a PS3 and Wii or a 360 and Wii, rather than just a Wii. That, coupled by it being targeted at a younger audience, for casuals (at first) and it's cheap price tag made it very VERY attractive to shovelware publishers, the fact that they could toss in some crappy waggle-control nonsense to try to appeal any old game that wouldn't even pass as shovelware previously due to the hype of motion controls didn't help matters.

The NES was much more innovative and had no competition, and it didn't do nearly as much as the Wii

Hell, the SNES and Mega Drive combined don't outsell the Wii

The videogame market was also much much smaller back then, and generally considered for kids. Hell, after the crash of 83 Nintendo had to market the NES as an "Entertainment System" to get retailers to even consider stocking it, Videogames were still very much niche and "for kids" back then, not like now where they have surpassed music and movies in the US as the top form of entertainment.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: RasterGraphic

RasterGraphic
3 months ago#45
DuranmanX4 posted...

Depends on how define shovelware. It definitely had a ton of low budget titles, but those were usually at least worth a rental. NinjaBread Man was not.

In Europe it did have a metric f***ton of shovelware, so you're not wrong. It was only really the European territory that had that issue though. SEA had standards. I wanna say Sony Japan did too. You're not incorrect, but there is context that you're missing.

DuranmanX4 posted...

That's a dumb statement. The NES came out at the end of (and is arguably what ended) the 80's game crash. Some retailers didn't even want anything to do with it initially.

I get the feeling youre taking the piss now.
"But you never got to see my Chaup au Fan!"
"You keep your chappy thong to yourself, Mister!"

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
3 months ago#46
What was the point of even making those 16GB cards if they aren't using them anyway? How do they decide which games deserve it?
Everything will be fire.

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
3 months ago#47
xF0x posted...
What was the point of even making those 16GB cards if they aren't using them anyway? How do they decide which games deserve it?

The money decides. As always. And Bethesda is a cheapskate. Not only do they sell it for full price ( I bet) on Switch, no, no, no, we also have to save a few bucks on those cards.

User Info: AkumaBison

AkumaBison
3 months ago#48
I don't blame them for cheaping out. I don't think Switch owners are interested in this full priced 3 hour long FPS game.
My Shun Goku Satsu knows no limits!

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
3 months ago#49
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
The videogame market was also much much smaller back then, and generally considered for kids. Hell, after the crash of 83 Nintendo had to market the NES as an "Entertainment System" to get retailers to even consider stocking it, Videogames were still very much niche and "for kids" back then, not like now where they have surpassed music and movies in the US as the top form of entertainment.

strange how it became bigger the exact same moment Sony came in and nearly killed Nintendo and Sega
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#50
DuranmanX4 posted...
strange how it became bigger the exact same moment Sony came in and nearly killed Nintendo and Sega

I wouldn't give Sony all the credit. It was slowly getting bigger regardless, because gamers were getting older. When people who grew up on a NES were in the N64/PS1 era, they were teenagers/adults, but still gaming, it didn't become just some fad that is a kid's toy that they grow out of.

Sony saw this and marketed the PS1 as a system for teens and adults, they didn't make the market grow, it was already growing, but they saw the trend that while new gamers were still appearing, old gamers were still gamers too and didn't "grow out of" it. They helped I admit, but they didn't cause it to happen, they just saw the trend and others were not capitalizing on and marketed it.

As for SEGA, they were pretty much self-destructing on their own, they didn't need Sony or Nintendo's help. Everything was going downhill since the SegaCD for them.;
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. eShop says Wolfenstein II is 13.7 GB. It can fit on a cart

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived